UPDATED: Mojo Awards '07: dementia sets in
Why do they call them 'gongs'? Some people won 'gongs' at this year's Mojo Awards.
Once again, the ceremony was more a depressing exercise in brand identification than anything else; only a third of the awards actually bearing any direct relevance to music in 2007.
Here are the results. Roll on that retro drum till it breaks.
Woman of the Year: Amy Winehouse
Song of the Year: Amy Winehouse, 'Rehab'
Best Album: The Good, The Bad and The Queen, The Good, The Bad and The Queen
Best Live Act: Arcade Fire
Breakthrough Act: Seasick Steve
Mojo Maverick: Echo and the Bunnymen
Cult Hero: The Only Ones
Prestigious Inspiration: Bjork
Innovation in Sound: Suicide
Hall of Fame Inductee: Alice Cooper
Best Legend: Ike Turner
Classic Album: Bob Marley, Exodus
Lifetime Achievement: The Stooges
Outstanding Contribution to Music: Joy Division
Icon Award: Ozzy Osbourne
Mojo, then; a Suicide up from Q. Let's hope the latter follows suit, eh?
- The Insider: Listen to The Brand
- Death Cab for Bass: Mixtape of Songs That Inspired Nick to Play Bass
- Friday Fun: Joy Division as Playmobil
- Win tickets to the premiere of Brighton Rock
- Joy Division - +-
- Lugs Will Tear Us Apart: Deaf choir sign Joy Division
- Shoegaze Week: Mixtape #36 - The Ultimate Shoegaze Mixtape...?
- Old 'Order: Peter Hook talks re-issues, the Factory legacy and staying relevant