Oasis' September Songs
- Oasis »
Speaking backstage at last weekend's Reading Festival, Noel Gallagher said that the group plan to start rehearsing for their tenth anniversary live shows on that date, and must have the record completed by then.
Speaking about the as-yet-untitled record, Gallagher said that the album is nearing completion, with only "five songs left for Liam to sing and then we mix it".
Although reluctant to disclose the title of the new record, Gallagher confirmed that the album is likely to be released at the start of 2002.
Speaking about the last 12 months with Oasis, he said the group had "got it together", following a period of intense media speculation that the band would split following the world tour for their 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants' album.
He said: "(Before) there was a lack of communication and a lot of bullshit but it helps having new people in the band. You stand back and look at it for what it is."
Oasis plan to release a new single to coincide with the band's UK club shows in October, concerts Gallagher confessed he "can't fucking wait" to play.
He continued: "We haven't played venues that size since the (London) Astoria in 1994, so I don't know what to expect but it's gonna be good."
London Shepherd's Bush Empire (October 7-8)
Manchester Apollo (10-11)
Glasgow Barrowlands (13-14)
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching