The Strokes & Turin Brakes festival changes
Despite their huge following the band will play an afternoon slot in the 8,000 capacity Evening Session tent at both Reading and Leeds.
It's likely a huge number of fans expecting to see The Strokes will be left out in the cold as a result.
Neil Pengelly from festival organisers Mean Fiddler told NME: "We're not worried and we haven't put on extra security.
"It will be a better gig than them playing on the main stage."
Turin Brakes - whose 'The Optimist LP' album, poised for Gold, is riding high at no 28 in this week's album chart - have confirmed they are playing Glasgow's Gig On The Green this Sunday 26th August.
They are moving to the slot vacated by The Strokes who now move to the main stage, also on Sunday.
The Strokes will appear at Reading on Friday and on Saturday at Leeds.
- Leeds 2011: A Festival Diary
- Leeds Festival 2011 - Drowned In Sound's Sunday Blog
- In Photos: Leeds Festival 2011 - Day 3
- In Photos: The Strokes @ Leeds Festival 2011
- In Photos: Reading Festival 2011 - Day 2
- DiS in the Desert: Coachella Festival 2011 Reviewed
- Spotifriday #83: This Week as a Playlist ft. Battles, Tom Waits, Strokes, Pixies, Austra
- The Strokes - Angles