FAO Bono: "Shut the f*ck up about Africa"
Noel Gallagher, self-nominated spokesman for the people, has laid into Bono advising him to: "Play 'One', shut the fuck up about Africa".
He also took the opportunity to dole out some pointers to Radiohead. Addressing frontman Thom Yorke, Noel felt moved to impart these wise words:
"Thom Yorke sat a piano singing, 'This is fucked up' for half-an-hour. We all know that, Mr Yorke.
"Who wants to sing the news? No matter how much you sit there twiddling, going, 'We're all doomed,' at the end of the day people will always want to hear you play 'Creep'. Get over it."
Noel disclosed all this to the NME, next week's edition of which, interestingly enough, is an Oasis souvenir special. Two words: 'Bleeding' and 'Edge'.
And no, before you get all witty up in this grill, U2's guitarist hasn't gone all fists of fury in defence of his bandmate.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching