Metric and Kasabian team up for Playboy = Flaming Lips?
Bands design t-shirts for Playboy. Mick Rock shoots results for Playboy. Playboy sells t-shirts for Playboy (and AIDs charity).
Some of indie's biggest middleweights, and Lil' Jon, have designed shirts for Playboy's annual music issue.
The likes of Kasabian, Metric, The Bronx and The Flaming Lips all accepted the invitation to put "their own personal stamp on the Playboy brand and logo" for the 'Rock the Rabbit' project.
The results of the sessions will be presented in a six-page photo spread in the March issue of the magazine, which will be shot by olde rock photographer Mick Rock.
Then, right, you can buy the t-shirts with your hard-earned wonga from late Spring/Summer. Perhaps at Playboy's online shop. The original designs will then be auctioned off to raise money for LIFEbeat: The Music Industry Fights AIDS.
Here is a plumper list of those who contributed:
Dean & Britta
The Flaming Lips
Monsters Are Waiting
Oh No! Oh My!
The Thievery Corporation
- The Flaming Lips - The Flaming Lips and Heady Fwends
- 101 Minutes of Bliss #1: A DiS YouTube Playlist
- Drowned In Manchester #10 – Festival Preview Spotify Special
- In Photos: Live From Jodrell Bank @ Jodrell Bank, Cheshire
- In Photos: The Flaming Lips @ The Eden Sessions, Cornwall
- In Photos: Primavera Sound Festival 2011 @ Parc del Forum, Barcelona
- Primavera 2011: the DiS review
- In Photos: La Route Du Rock 2010 @ Saint-Malo, France.