Low: rhythmic and militant in 2007
- Low »
Minnesota trio Low have announced a name and release date for their eighth long-player, and a one-night stop in the UK on a super-brief European jaunt.
Drums and Guns, their second album for Sub Pop, will be released March 20th 2007 stateside, and no doubt not long after in Europe.
Like 2005's The Great Destroyer, Drums and Guns was recorded with 'fourth Flaming Lip' Dave Fridmann and is said to contain "looping vocals and drum machines". My word. If you can't wait three months to hear the new material (but somehow can wait two), a one-off London show has been announced for mid-February.
15 London Spitz
16 Bruge, Belgium Music in Mind Festival
17 France TBA
Visit Alan Sparhawk's label site chairkickers.com for updates and info. Sparhawk's debut solo album, Solo Guitar (the title's literal), is out now via Silber.
- In Photos: Latitude Festival 2012 - Day 2 @ Henham Park, Suffolk
- DiS' 15 Must-See Bands at Latitude 2012: 10-7: Bon Iver, Sam Airey, Low, Kurt Vile
- In Photos: Low @ Royal Festival Hall, London
- Low, Walls and dEUS join the Latitude Line-up
- Five For Friday: Blood Red Shoes, Spiritualized, Plan B, Low, Chromatics
- In Photos: ATP Festival curated by Jeff Mangum @ Butlins, Minehead
- Artist Lists: Antlers, Cut Copy, Destroyer, Aidan Moffat + more share their Five Favourite LPs of '1
- Singles of the Year 2011!