Freebase in your face, The World
This is, maybe, the least-super supergroup I've ever heard of, but anyway...
Bass-lugging sorts Andy Rourke (The Smiths), Mani (Primal Scream/Stone Roses) and Peter Hook (New Order, pictured) are to make sweet, sweet music together under the name of Freebase. That's almost a play on words, almost.
Will it be a jazzy affair, compositionally adventurous and far from restricted by the pop sensibilites of members' previous exploits? Or will it simply be cack? Will anyone _care? Hooky does.
The pleasingly portly Manc - almost certainly a man who enjoys an ale and the odd pie, and therefore a man I can relate to - said of his new already-written-seventeen-songs project: "Everyone laughed at our face when we suggested the idea."
What, everyone in the whole world? Everyone? Probably not, eh Hooky? Now back to the bar with you. Mine's a Broadside, danke.
- "My guitar...It’s a machine to make pop music" - DiS meets Johnny Marr
- Time to put the dog down? Why I'm going to miss HMV...
- The DiS Community's... 101 Favourite Albums
- DiS meets Johnny Marr & Nile Rodgers - "The greatest artistic motivator in music is jealousy"
- Spotifriday #82: Raekwon, Bjork, Bieber, FlyLo, The Smiths
- The Insider: Beyond The Death of The Critic
- Mark Bowen of Wichita's tribute to Rough Trade
- Simon Raymonde of Bella Union's tribute to Rough Trade