The times they aren't a chainin': HMV ditches Dylan
The chain will no longer sell any Dylan CD, so don't go a shoppin' for Blonde On Blonde yee Canadians. It also no longer sells any Alanis Morissette records, again in protest at Starbucks' exclusive deal to sell her acoustic re-working of Jagged Little Pill. Her other releases were withdrawn from HMV's Canadian outlets in June.
Insiders say that HMV Canada's decision will not affect its profits, but should stores in the US follow their lead the chain will suffer.
DiScuss: Right or wrong? Shouldn't HMV cater for its customers rather than protest over a single record? Also, doesn't Costa kick Starbucks' coffee-burning ass anyway?
- The Meaning of Ritual: A Songwriting Masterclass with Conor from Villagers
- Bob Dylan - Tempest
- Benicassim 2012: the DiS review
- DiS Festival News Round-Up: Part One
- Benicassim 2012: the (very early) DiS preview
- 10 Years of singer-songwriters: The Changing of the Guards
- 10 Years of Singer-Songwriters: Some Thoughts
- Watch: Johnny Flynn discusses Dylan and Hop Farm