Artists that performed at Saturday's Live 8 concert in Hyde Park have seen their sales skyrocket over the past few days.
HMV has announced figures that have the tongue absolutely wagging with disbelief. Check out the following percentage increases in sales of specific albums and compilations:
1. Pink Floyd Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd 1343%
2. The Who Then and Now 863%
3. Annie Lennox Eurythmics Greatest Hits 500%
4. Dido Life For Rent 412%
5. Razorlight Up All Night 335%
6. Robbie Williams Greatest Hits 320%
7. Joss Stone Mind, Body and Soul 309%
8. Sting The Very Best of Sting & The Police 300%
9. Travis Singles 268%
10. Madonna Immaculate Collection 200%
You reckon U2 are gutted? HMV's Gennaro Castaldo said this:
"Even allowing for the relative nature of this exercise, where back catalogue sales of the more established acts are being measured from a fairly low base, this snapshot shows that Live 8 is having a marked effect on sales - just like its predecessor 20 years ago."