Carling drinkers: your music taste is as poor as your taste in beer...
You - yes, you, Mr Carling, have voted Robbie Williams the best live solo artist in, like, the world. To add insult to injury, you've also picked U2 as the best live band. Forgive us for calling you a pleb but, well, you're a pleb.
The survey by Carling polled 5,000 'music fans'. Williams beat off (heh) competition from David Bowie and - excuse me while I puke into my own lap - Paul Weller. Also in the top ten for live solo performers were Jimi Hendrix (um, dead?) and Madonna. On the live band front, The Who, the Rolling Stones and Coldplay ranked highly.
A man from Carling said: "It's great to see that current bands like Oasis can sit comfortably alongside rock greats like The Who and Rolling Stones".
Alongside the live poll, the beer also asked people for their favourite albums and singles of all time, leading to the standard The Stone Roses, Definitely Maybe and Nevermind responses for the former, and 'Smells Like Teen Spirit', 'Imagine' and 'Love Wil... Apa... Ag...'... zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching