Oasis to be honoured at Brit Awards
- Oasis »
Manchester indie-rockers Oasis will scoop the award for Outstanding Contribution To Music at next year's Brit Awards.
The quintet - who release a 'best of', Stop The Clocks, on November 20 - will pick up the award at the Valentine's Day ceremony, to be held at Earls Court. It'll be broadcast live on television.
BPI Chairman Peter Jamieson said of the decision to honour Oasis: "Oasis set the standard for many of the young rock bands who are currently enjoying success in the UK charts. As the Brit Awards goes live for the first time in nearly two decades, it is appropriate that we should honour one of the most exciting live acts the UK has produced."
Oasis release an EP, also called Stop The Clocks, a week before their best-of collection.
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching