Band bitchin' - Kaisers et al hit back at Oasis
Some bands what were dissed somewhat by ol' big-maaaf Liam Gallagher in the New Musical Express t'other week 'ave hit back at the band what panned 'em, sayin' all kinds of potty-mouthed shite.
The Kaiser Chiefs ("a bad Blur"), The Paddingtons ("fucking awful") and Keane ("twats") all suffered the wrath of Gallagher junior, and had the following to say in their defence:
Ricky Wilson, Kaiser Chiefs (pictured, avec stoopid dogs): "He had a go at me for wearing make-up. I only wore it to look more like him."
Tim Rice-Oxley, Keane: "Noel's a cunt. He was in a band that was very brilliant in the mid-'90s but now they're just not important any more."
Josh Hubbard, The Paddingtons: "Noel's a genius but what does his fat, toothless vocalist know about youth culture?"
DiS says what a bunch of hot-aired bollocks. Bovvvered...
- Andy Bell of Ride & Oasis: "It would be a shame if we never got to play those songs one more tim
- Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009
- NME Awards 2010 shortlist announced
- Spotifriday #30: This Week on DiS as a Playlist
- Animal Collective, Bat For Lashes and Florence up for Brit Awards
- Friday Fun: Guess the song from The Music Painter
- The Insider: Class Wars
- In The City demo deadline fast approaching