UK Music Hall of Fame welcomes further legends to the fold...
This year's inductees to the UK Music Hall of Fame are to include Led Zeppelin, Brian Wilson, Dusty Springfield and Rod Stewart.
Channel 4 and Initial made the announcement that the above four acts would be among a selection of acclaimed artists making the 2006 cut. Now in its third year, the 2006 ceremony will take place on November 14 at London's Alexandra Palace.
I was there on Sunday, you know. The ice cream man wasn't. The bastard.
The ceremony will be hosted by Dermot O'Leary and will be broadcast on Channel 4 on November 16. Radio 2 will broadcast the event live from 10pm 'til midnight.
Joss Stone and Patti LaBelle are due to perform a couple of Springfield classics together on the night, and Wolfmother will pay tribute to Led Zeppelin. Whether that means they'll play one of their own songs or a Page and Plant number, I don't know. I can't tell the difference half the time.
Beatles producer Sir George Martin will receive an Honorary Membership.
- Bestival 2011: the DiS review
- In Photos: Bestival 2011 @ Robin Hill Country Park, Isle of Wight
- Vote: Black Cab Sessions up for Webby award
- Watch: Brian Wilson Black Cab Session
- Brian Wilson announces trio of English summer shows
- UK Music Hall of Fame inducts more
- UK Music Hall of Fame welcomes further legends to the fold...
- Wilson phones charitable fans