Cohesion Live: Elbow, Badly Drawn Boy, Graham Coxon line up for one-day fest
- Badly Drawn Boy »
- Doves »
- Elbow »
- Graham Coxon »
- The Longcut »
- The Sunshine Underground »
- Lou Rhodes »
Cohesion Live, Manchester's biggest music festival this year, is to take place on September 23 at Platt Fields Park.
The event aims to raise funds for the Manchester Aid to Kosovo (MaK) campaign, which intends to create a Manchester Peace Park in Kosovo. The event's backed by the recently-launched XFM Manchester and the Comedy Store.
MaK supports those living in the Balkans after the widely-reported ethnic cleansing campaign of a few years ago. They hope that the Peace Park will commemorate the time Kosovan people spent in the north-west city after fleeing their homeland.
Among those performing are Badly Drawn Boy, Elbow, Graham Coxon, I Am Kloot, Durutti Column and Lou Rhodes.
Doves will turn in a DJ set, while The Longcut headline a second stage with support from The Sunshine Underground and more.
For more information see the festival's official website, here.
- In Photos: The Flaming Lips @ The Eden Sessions, Cornwall
- In Photos: Friends Of Mine Festival 2011 @ Capesthorne Hall, Macclesfield
- Badly Drawn Boy - It's What I'm Thinking Part 1: Photographing Snowflakes
- This Week's Singles: 04/10/10
- Green Man 2008: Q&A with festival founder
- WIN! Tickets to the DiS-sponsored Green Man Festival - last day!
- Green Man 2008: full line-up and running order here
- WIN! Tickets to UNKLE's huge show next week