I've just been sent a press release from the aforementioned website, listing the things that vegetarians hate to hear. I'm guilty of using most of them, I think. Also - the world's leading website for lonely vegans and vegetarians?! ACE.
From: Response Source/SourceWire Press Release Wire <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:56:03 +0100 (BST)
To: News Desk The Probe
Subject: What not to say to a Vegetarian
What not to say to a Vegetarian
15 May 2006
With National Vegetarian Week just around the corner, VeggieRomance.com,
the UK's leading dating site for vegans & vegetarians, reveals the most
common (and irritating!) comments encountered by vegetarians. Surveying
thousands of vegan & vegetarian members, VeggieRomance has compiled the top
ten comments most likely to get a veggie's goat....
1) What do you eat?
2) How do you get your protein?
3) You don't look like a vegetarian.
4) I'm vegetarian too... apart from chicken... and fish... but they don't
5) You must be tempted by a bacon sandwich?
6) If it weren't for us (carnivores) there wouldn't be any animals.
7) I'm not a vegetarian, but I could never eat a dog or a horse, that's
8) Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.
9) Here's some lettuce.
The comment that perhaps ought to be there but isn't yet.... "Hi, I'm
Also for National Vegetarian Week, VeggieRomance.com are running a
competition to win veggie goodies kindly donated by sponsors
- see www.veggieromance.com/nvw.php for further details.