Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
I say this to be truth.
unless its for a Stuart Little DVD on ebay of course!
so yes, wow, on this, we agree.
but if you're always fighting you're eventually going to lose.
but if you're going to lose, you may as well put up a fight rather than just give up.
now i'm confused.
but it'd be nice to win without having to fight every once in a while.
you go first, i'll follow.
the Tombola at a summer fete?
I'm confused. I don't think I've ever fought for anything, so by proxy does that mean everything I have or enjoy is worthless? I'm confused.
What I have to fight to get to the top floor to jump off it? Does that mean what I am doing is worthwhile or not? If I don't have to fight to get up to the top floor and have an unimpeded path, does that tell me I should turn round and not jump? WHAT DO I DO?
Many of us involved in the busy lifestyle of today find they just haven't the energy or time to commit suicide. Nothing, however, is more important in keeping both mind and body in a stable condition. It is simple, practical, and ecologically sound- just think, if we all commited started commiting suicide tomorrow, what a safer, cleaner world we'd cease to be living in!
If you perhaps worry about putting unneccessary stress upon colleagues and loved ones who cling to narrow-minded societal conventions regarding self-euthanasia, simply follow this easy-to-follow guide-
1) Write a letter denouncing everyone you know as cheats and homosexuals, stating at least two separate occasions when you screwed them over just because of who they were. Mention towards the end you are Nazi.
2) Give all your food and drink to needy children. Sellotape a note on your front door suggesting you have fled to the Canaries for tax purposes.
3) Disconnect the phone. Lock all doors and windows. Put some light, calming music on a loop on your stereo. May I suggest Coldplay?
4) Spray yourself thoroughly in a long lasting deodarant, and lie down. Place your letter in your hand, and wait. And wait. Don't give in when well-meaning friends bang on your door demanding entry, or when the stomach cramps kick in! This is your final test of will, and you wouldn't want to fail, would you?
5) In 5-10 days you will die. Once the police kick down the door, your mildly refreshing aroma will hopefully mask the worst part of the decay, saving these fine guardians of the peace the trouble of having to wretch into their gas masks. Your letter will hopefully make the task of putting you six feet under a rather lighter task for your friends and family.
6) Congratulations! It was a hard road, but nothing is worth winning without a fight, is it? You will experience a delightful feeling of well-being. Or maybe not. The Mormons might be right, after all.
What if you win the lottery? All you do is buy a ticket. Things can be won through luck.
is worth winning.
that without fighting to earn something, will you ever appreciate it as much as you should?
i only really want a million pounds if i'd worked for it, having it handed to me on a plate means i'd become as blase about money as so many hacks become about records and music.
bottom line = if you work for something, the reward will always be sweeter, even if to a bystander, it appears exactly the same.
that's who you sound like.
but it doesnt mean that its otherwise worthless, does it?
youre making a statement, i partially agree with it, i put my opinion underneath in a message board thread.
because I don't think I've ever actually 'won' anything significant...
im clearly a winner.
in your face, world.
get to your screen though? If not, then they're NOT WORTH IT. True story.
That's nice. I don't remember fighting that hard to get it though...
You're supposed to faint, and stuff and be all ecstatic. NICE?
I retract my heart. You gotta show gratitude. C'mon, FIGHT.
I've even made a solid gold display cabinet for it, so you can show it to all your friends at diner parties.
i had to fight back the rising bile as i performed the sordid act.
The bile wasn't what was 'rising' while you were kissing me, and you know it...
i had to fight my natural urges to stop myself impregnating you.
if you lost the ticket, or put it through the washing machine...
once I get a Brit Award and then ruin it all by repeatedly beating the person who presented it to me.
Don't worry Crabbers - fighting to win is the whole point of life - fight away!
"fighting to win is the whole point of life"
We are human
at Monopoly through tact and guile, rather than letting the game descend into a brawl.
Use tact and guile: Buy the Oranges, utilise the genius of Waterworks and Electric Company, always take a chance and never buy hotels - four houses are more profitable in the long term.
And then when you've won, you can kick your sister in the fanny.
made me drop sandwich out of my mouth in hilarity.
it could be both.
and that is a PROLEFACT
I would clarify that I haven't done this since I was very young, and she kicked me first. Bitch. It's not my fault the Mortgage value of Fleet Street isn't as much as it should be...
or a SHARK?
it actually worth fighting for though?
I say it sounds like a Wall Street quote from the 80's...