Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
6 FACTS ABOUT YOURSELVES, ONE OF THEM BEING A LIE. GO!
I have blue eyes
I have no toenail on my left big toe
I wear glasses
I wear a brace
I have a goldfish called Richard (Roger passed away on Friday)
I love plum jam - esp homemade!
But you don't wear braces.
he actually died? how could you tell?
on his side!
i am 22
i have climbed a 17,000 ft mountain in kenya
i am a licensed scuba diver
i have ridden an elephant
my dads name is michael j fox
i am related to a famous irish musician
ooooooh which is the lie?!
not really Michael J. Fox? I hope it is though!
well, you must be related to a member of U2 otherwise you couldn't have anything nice to say about them :P
the elephant riding?
IS michael j fox! and i have actually ridden an elephant...
a mountain in Kenya.
I have done that. Climbed Mt. Kenya in 2001. the lie is that i'm related to a famous irish musician. ha ha ha!! i wish.
I have never been outside europe
I weigh less than anyone in my family
I am dairy intollerant
I weigh more than anyone I live with
I own 12 pairs of shoes
I cook excellent chili
which one is untrue?
1. i have over 1000 CD albums
2. i became a father last year
3. i have a short temper
4. i am in perfect physical condition
5. i have a beautiful wife
6. i am half italian
is 4 a lie?
not only one is supposed to be true.
1). I was born in Wales.
2). My one foot is a size 5, the other is a size 3.
3). I am a vegan
4). I wear a 34 dd bra.
5). I am obsessed with Crown of Love on the Funeral album, STILL.
6). I left college with 3 C a levels.
Which one is a lie?
because Wake Up is BETTER.
for what ?
1) i started losing my hair at the age of 15
2) I have 4 siblings - 2 of whom i've never met
3) I'd never owned a record until 2 and a half weeks ago
4) Despite generally acting like a complete arse, I have managed to remain friends with every single one of my exes
5) I'm a published writer, in a proper book and everything
6) The first album I ever bought for myself was the Billy Ray Cyrus album with 'Achey Breaky Heart' on it. (this one i'm going to regret...)
can you name the ones that hate my rancid evil little guts?
one that looks like Penelope cruz - can't remember her name though!
beautiful, but thoroughly insane.
Rachel, bless her, appears not to hate my guts. There is another...
you don't really like coldplay?
the safety ep...
you own a coldplay record, that doesn't mean you like them, it might have been a stupid speculative purchase
Which is it? :-D
you only have one?
it's true !
je suis francais
1)I used to have a pet hamster called Clive
2)I have qualifications in Scottish Country Dancing
3)my dad used to work for George Harrison
4)I was once on Blue Peter talking about cats
5)I can play the bassoon
6)My ex-boyfriend was brought into the world by Professor Robert Winston
I'm thinking that your dad never worked for george harrison (random guess)
- I fell into the school pond when I was 13.
- My real name isn't actually Fidel Castro.
- I haven't had sex for four years.
- I like the number 5.
- I'm thinking about getting the new Adrian Mole book, but there again I could get the Stephen Fry autobiography instead, I've been told it's quite good, though I never really enjoyed Q.I.
- I haven't washed for several days.
no, it's number 2.
he was his gardener for a summer.
1). I was born in Wales.
2). My one foot is a size 5, the other is a size 3.
5). I am very shy.
Which one is a lie?
is a lie!
only one of them is true!
your weren't born in Wales, were you? And you're not very shy. And are your breasts bigger than that?
shy. That was the true one! The rest are lies!
had a shag for years because you don't wash.
is true then!
but then I don't have weird feet, Welsh girl.
Wales, therefore technically I'm not Welsh.
a compliment, if I ever saw one.
Arggghhh only one was true. Arghh DRAMA
1 my name is chris
2 i dislike my job
3 i have a myspace www.myspace.com/poweruupup
4 i have eaten a guinea pig
5 i am a bigamist
6 my first gig was sleeper at southampton guildhall
number 5 is the lie...
You meet great men, but fail to have great relationships.
have finally bonded.
your dad's name is Bruce?
I want to meet him. I think number 3 then. You don't look like a thug.
is the fib
and you haven't told us that before? That's totally ace!
1.I was once in Hollyoaks
2. My brother knows Dave Harold the snooker player really well
3. My Dad once saved someone from drowning and got an award for it
4. I went to uni with john peel's son
5. I am ambidextrous
6. I have seen Brian Molko with no trousers on
you didn't go to uni with John Peel's son, as he's about 24 isn't he?
Random's year - Im on about his eldest Will - we weren't allowed to talk to him about his dad and everyone in my house didn;'t really know who he was so they were ok but I was banned from 'approaching' him at house soirees he did Archeology to the record
jesus, so while i'm not here fake older ages for me are bandied around, are they?
and what exactly is a bassoon?
and you should Google Images a bassoon, you shouldn't get anything dodgy!
you playing a bassoon its huge compared to you!
what's illegal drinking?
the 'Knight' one isn't the lie.
it is one of my middle names...
use it more often!
kind of stupid and sounds really pretentious...
has St. Clare as a middle name. Pronounced 'Sinclair', but he still got teased a lot for it...
1. I play grade 8 recorder
2. I was threatened with exclusion for calling a primary school teacher a "pleb"
3. I am really blonde under the dye
4. I am did debit card fraud
5. I prefer pasta when dyed pink
6. I have never been outside europe :*(
lets go on holiday to africa together!!
lets go antartic! aunt has a house there
As South American as Robero Carlos
I had my arm broken by a girl once
I failed an exam for being too good
I explained at great length to someone from Corrie why they were destroying culture.
Once I killer a man, properly.
I was expelled
The first gig i saw was Girls Aloud
most of those are lies. It would be quite endearing though if a girl had broken your arm.
domestic abuse. Ahem.
The lie is technically I was suspended for my last week of School rather than expelled. My year was en masse
but my pirate ship is a SUBMARINE, so it's ok.
I used RULE at pogs when I was in primary school.
it's the france one.
right. Wow I should be a therapist
it means your riddled with complexities.
oh well. that was fun.
today I spent over Â£20 on an iron
I have one long and one short sighted eye
when I was younger I kicked my sister in the face and chipped her tooth bad
I never had a brace
I haven't weighed myself for over 8 years
weighed yourself for over 8 years!
actually they're all true, i just realised I forgot the lie, hence only 5. I'm such a durbrain...
1/ i have a fear of cars that means i will not travel in one unless i absolutely have to.
2/ my eyes are dodgy and i have double vision naturally.
3/ i'm from Hertfordshire.
4/ when i was 16 i had a part time job selling gas & electricity and i was the best seller there, and used to earn around Â£80/month commission.
5/ i've moved six times in the last ten years.
6/ on the final day of Reading 2003, I broke up with my girlfriend and thus had nowhere to sleep. I then drank 3 litres of imitation red bull with dodgy vodka and stayed up for 39 hours until i got home.
not from Herfordshire.
only by about 2 miles, though..
1. The Welsh side of my family are cockle pickers by trade
2. I am teetotal
3. I have been chased (and, to my shame, caught) by the police
4. I think the lottery should be banned
5. I am addicted to coca cola
6. In my early teens I counted Stephen Hendry as a hero
i think that i am but surely to god that can't actually be a real addiction
i am rather tall.
i have never had a girlfriend for more than a fortnight.
i once scored from the halfwayline, nearly.
i enjoy talking about my pension plan.
i often feel inadequate on DiS.
Or perhaps you are now...I remember you being drunk on here before. Either that, or number 3.
i don't know if that's long enough to make such absolute claims. i feel a bit guilty leaving all the drunken posting down to you.
shame on you! ;)
1: I have some kind of under-the-skin blood pooling in my right foot as I type... it is icky.
2: I ate a chicken burger and chips for lunch and just polished off a Dairy Milk. I am now feeling FAT.
3: The Virgin on Kensington High Street does not have Cat Power's new single in, but when I left after buying/stealing nothing I set the alarm off.
4: As a child I was attacked by my brother - his weapon of choice was Matt Tracker's MASK car. I still have a scar.
5: My girlfriend's brothers both have daughters but I only really want a son.
6: It's actually September 23rd 2014.
at least it means we survived the end of the world.
2012 or so. Mayan calender stuff, innit.
1. I'm half english/half malay-chinese
2. I applied to the Malaysian national team to take part in the Commonwealth games which are happening soon.
3. I was blind and born with half a hand as a child but fell into some toxic waste which gave me the powers of sight and 3 hands.
4. I shook Gunther Von Hagen's hand a few years ago (the scary german guy who dissects people) and I did try to take his hat off to see what's there.
5. I can bake a mean flapjack.
6. I just got a humuongous gas/leccy bill in the post which has made me feel awful for buying some CD's the other day.
the flapjack is actually really friendly.
what are you entering the commonwealth games in?
seeing Malaysia are only good at badminton.
So I suggested the 200m/400m, any cycling event and the football team.
I only got a "thank you for taking your time to e-mail us" reply :-(
They are missing out on such an obvious talent.
you should try to become Bhutanese, they'll definitely take you.
I don't have any Bhutanese blood in me!
1. I have kicked Tony Blair
2. I was born in London
3. According to my BMI i am borderline 'emaciated' :o
4. I am immune to hangovers
5. I have a chipped tooth, but no one notices the obvious crown
6. Yesterday I spent over Â£100 on music for no apparent reason
As if you'd get that close to God.
that's a lie. tony blair is not god!
I love you, and you do deserve to be in my band.
i was playing football with him in a park aged 10 with his kids and stuff, he lived round the corner from my nan then.
with London? eh? word.
Wishpig just beat me to it...
that would be SOME tale, i tell thee.
i'm so ashamed.
it just doesn't say 'London' on my passport.
well, i suppose barnet is but that's not even really in hertfordshire anymore :P
I bet it was Welwyn Garden City :-D
Then again being born in Reading isn't much better...
REALLY caught me out then, guntrip.
i naturally don't believe people who say such things
I think I was this close to throttling you once about number 4...
throttling me? if so that is most funny
sorry about that, case of mistaken identity...
i think i'm saved by my propensity to go on long walks for greasy food when i'm drunk, despite not remembering ever doing so.
we'll see what i'm like on the 27th/28th...
announcement shortly, but I may aswell announce it hear now as I have to fly. Drinks at mine if anyone cares to join me on the 27th. I have a 1940s drinks cabinet that needs to be drunk dry. Oh wait, uhm, Ok I'll get the drinks in. I'm making cocktails. Lethal cocktails. With absinthe. Au revior I have to go.
Although I'm sure nobody cares
1. I have been in Tony Adams' house at the height of his alcoholism
2. My first gig was to see Stereophonics supported by Ash when I was 16
3. I have a permanently fat lip, thanks to falling off a moving milk float when I was 11
4. I have been properly single for about two years now
5. I am fully Jewish
6. I was going to be named Layla if I was a girl
1. I hate tomato sauce
2. I can disjoint my arms
3. I drink on average, 15 cups of tea a day, usually 3 before i get up at weekends
4. All dogs scare the shit out of me
5. I brew my own beer
6. When I was little audio tape version of Roald Dahl's "The Witches" scared the hell out of me.
or 3 - it's believable but so unhealthy I am getting palpitations just thinking about it
but I like playing games where there is a definite answer
Number 4 is true. Boo hoo
1. I am related to a famous explorer
2. I'm half Irish.
3. Before settling on the name James Peter Bunce my mother wanted to call me Bickford Routledge Dylan Bunce.
4. I've had sex in the last 24 hours.
5. I cut my knee open once. When I was on holiday. In Turkey.
6. My first album was 'I Should Coco' by Supergrass.
it's 4 !
I love tea, but i couldn't drink that much! I average about 8-10 cups a day sometimes tho.
My middle name is the same as my initial - P (Like Homer J)
I am vaguely welsh
I used to howl at the moon
I used to run around birmingham at night without any clothes (on several occasions)
I used to think I was a werewolf
I am ginger with the exception of the hair on my head
I would suspect that all are true nd that you are lying that they're not.
1, 3 and 5.
A ginger werewolf would be something cool though...
1 - I am related to jennifer saunders
2 - I once didn't prevent my borther from breaking his arm
3 - Althogh i am a vegetarian, i sneakily ate meat over christmas
4 - i have a pink mole on my left forearm
5 - i have never done kareoke
6 - i was once shouted at for doing 'shakespeares sister' in Band Pictionary
everyone has done karaoke, they may just not have been in a sutiable state to remember it.
shame on you miss lady for eating meat! ;)
I have never ever done kareoke!
it's a black mole.
You don't seem that nasty...
it's number one. I am NOT related to miss J saunders. but i did see her once. and we have the same surname.
OI YOU, YES YOU! I want a word with you!
INTERLOL FOR CHAT PLEASE.
you funny laydee
i hadnt seen it
my 2 3 and 4 are different from my 1 5 and 6.
Here are another 3 (either all tru or all false)
I have never seen a female stripper in a club
I have seen a male stripper in a
I am straight
You know the latest craze is bisexuality.
to be bi when I was at Polytechnic, the chics dug it
have a few 'mishaps' along the way
i think it started out as a scratch that permanently damdged the skin
and typing this, i realise i meant to say 'freckle' not 'mole'. sorry.
Sometimes they are not.
A bit like Mutya's sometimes it makes her look great and other times crap
I also have to draw my mole on. Madonna copied me. Mine's more mloier I believe.
Perhaps I should have said moles are a bit like Mutya, sometimes attractive, sometimes ugly.
Have you got a piercing?
I went through a phase at 13 of piercing myself and fellow petrified friends. I say friends in the past tenths.
about oceanrain. Where has he gone? I'm concerned.
1) No, not that I am aware of.
2) yes in rude secret places.
3) yes in a bizarre place.
1. I am the walrus
2. I'd like to teach the world to sing
3. I believe in a thing called love
4. I will survive
5. I can see for miles
number 5 must be false
I really really hate the sugababes
I will live in America
I have a kid i've never seen
I am writing a great book
I have been on MTV
I am coming on the 27th
There are a number of correct statements there...
one of the others is also true...
i'm not telling though...
i have 2 kids
i am married
i like Coldplay
i like basketball
i've played against a NBA player ( when he was 14...)
1. i have never wet the bed
2. i have a middle name that i rarely use - "knight"
3. i am technically welsh
4. spiders freak me out but not as much as scorpions
5. i am some far-off relation of john nettles but have met him once
6. i have a birthmark the size of a fist on my chest.
1) I am happy.
2) I have scars from cat scratching.
3) My dad was at school with Nick Mason.
4) I have an almost complete collection of Dire Straits somewhere.
5) The sound of cloth rubbing against cloth or similar (e.g. brushing a carpet) is like fingernails down a blackboard to me.
6) I have failed.
1.my first gig was in a church
2.I have never left the UK mainland
3.I have a sister who I have never met
4.I haven't had any lunch
5.I rarely sleep for more than an hour without waking up, hence my username
6.my photograph has appeared in the Beano
1. I have up to grade 2 (count 'em) in the trombone
2. I own the auto-biography of glen hoddel
3. I have an irrational fear of being on boats
4. I only recently discovered I have 11 more relatives
5. I have never been to france
6. I own over 250 pogs