erm: like it says at the top.
kev's top twenty albums:
20. The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
19. Martha Wainwright - Martha Wainwright
18. Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
17. System of a Down - Mezmerize
16. Lifting Gear Engineer - Brain Holiday
15. Annie - Anniemal
14. Antony and the Johnsons - I am a Bird Now
13. Bright Eyes - Wake Up It's Morning
12. Maximo Park - A Certain Trigger
11. Clor - Clor
10: Kid Carpet - Ideas and Oh Dears
9: The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
8: Bright Eyes - Digital Ash from a Digital Urn
7: Acoustic Ladyland - Last Chance Disco
6: Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm a Machine
5: Editors - The Back Room
4; Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
3: LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
2: Saul Williams - Saul Williams
1: it's got to be really, hasn't it? Arcade Fire - Funeral
top twenty(ish) gigs:
20. Clor, Brixton Windmill, June (?)
19. Action Plan, Brixton Windmill, Feb
18. Navajo Code, Notting Hill Arts Club, Sept
17. Atomic Hooligans, Glastonbury, July
16. Kid Carpet (acoustic set), Glastonbury, July
15. Thomas Truax, 12 Bar Club, August
14. Jeff Lewis Band, Brixton Windmill, November
13. Mylo, Scala, Feb
12. LCD Soundsystem, Glastonbury, July (although that may have been due to the drugs, the alcohol and the lack of sleep)
11. iForward Russia!, The Marquee, April
10. Slint, Kentish Town Forum, March
9. Pixies, Alexandra Palace, August
8. Saul Williams, Reading, August
7. Bloc Party, Reading, August
6. Arcade Fire, Reading, August
5: Mystery Jets, International Student House, December
4. LCD Soundsystem, Astoria, Valentines Day
3. System of a Down, Brixton Academy, March
2. Nine Inch Nails, Brixton Academy, July
1. Arcade Fire, ULU, Feb/March
top ten singles (from memory - this will be a shit list)
10 Magic Numbers - Love Me Like You
9 Brakes - All Night Disco Party
8 We Are Scientists - Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
7 Editors - Blood
6 LCD Soundsystem - Tribulations
5 Maximo Park - Going Missing
4 Love & Pain - Clor
3 Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
2 Mystery Jets - Alas Agnes (although i prefer the demo version)
1 Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
5 things which have been rubbish this year (negative before positive)
5. The steady decline of the UK into a totalitarian neo-conservative state, where the mass population are ruled by soap operas, football and celebrity reality TV shows. We're all being brainwashed! Fight the power!
4. The fact that I keep... starting... smoking.. again... (it's been 2 weeks since my last one, by the way.)
3. Money. Where does it all go?
2. My car crash love life.
1. Those lonely days when i really miss Cardiff, and all my amazing friends there.
but, the 5 things that have made 2005 extra special:
5. internet messageboards - this one and the Twisted By Design one. So many times i've had to run out of the office to laugh out loud before my workmates think I'm a fucking loon.
4. The absolute glut of amazing new music this year, and actually being able to see so many bands.
3. Reading festival - 49 bands, top campsite, drunken housemates, it had it all.
2. Getting last minute Glastonbury tickets and having a absolute billy blinder
1. Getting a publishing job, moving to london and all the craziness that's ensued since. It's been a hell of a fucking ride this year. Next year will only be more so...
there. Probably not very cool, but that's my year. later all.