Whittington Park Football Pitch
Summer holidays are over. The wedding season is over. It's been 5 weeks since the last reds v blues game so I'm sure everyone is keen. Playing football is the best exercise to keep your beach body as it is now.
Not much news on the international friendlies front, which is entirely my fault. And the November game will be most likely be moved to early December. Blame Rupert Murdoch.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 1 October: international friendly v Cardiff City Journalists (12 PM Market Road)
Sunday 16 October: regular Reds v Blues (4 PM Whittington Park)
Sunday 27 November: regular Reds v Blues (4 PM Whittington Park) or
Sunday 4 December: regular Reds v Blues (4 PM Whittington Park)