Whittington Park Football Pitch
Penultimate Reds v Blues game of the season. Owen is in the lead for the golden boot, but I believe I'm correct in saying that he'll be away for this game, so the ideal opportunity for runners-up like Ormsby, El and Matt W (maybe not) to score a handful and snatch this coveted trophy from his claws.
On the international friendly front, we have confirmed games against PPL in November, and Cardiff City Journalists Football Club in March next year. We also may be playing again against the Chinese Community Centre as they have asked for a match before the end of the year.
The date for the annual DiS Football Awards Night should be confirmed very soon.
And finally, if you have played regularly this season should have received an email from me. Let me know if that's not the case (Blind_Pilot: check your PMs please).
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 22 November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 29 November: international friendly vs PPL (details t.b.c.)
Tuesday 15 December or Thursday 17 December: DiS Football Awards night
Sunday 10 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)