Mabley Green Park
Lee Conservancy Road
It's been two years since we last played the Libertines lads. That game we lost narrowly due to a poorly defended corner. So far the stats are: played 3, lost 2, won 1, level on goals scored/conceded. This can only mean one thing, it's a must-win game.
Note that this game will take place in fashionable Hackney as our usual pitch is not available, and also the slightly earlier kick-off time. It does mean that we can watch Watford v Crystal Palace in the pub afterwards.
In other friendlies news, our game against the National has been postponed due to a cup match clash, but we may face new opposition in the form of a team called PPL. More news once the date for this game has been confirmed.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing and toilet facilities
- 10 min walk from Homerton Overground station
- arrive at 1:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, including rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Adam & Eve pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 18 October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 22 November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Tuesday 15 December, Wednesday 16 December or Thursday 17 December: DiS Football Awards night
Sunday 10 January: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)