Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last month's Reds v Blues match was a bit one-sided, but we did do some good work for the community by letting a few local kids play. Who did way too much running. So let's try and get two full DiS squads out for this game, as I don't have the legs any more to play against 16-year olds.
Our international friendly against the lads from The Libertines message boards will be played at Mabley Green on Sunday 27th September, with a 2 PM kick-off. We will play another friendly against the National FC before the end of the year, but that won't be until Sunday 13th December. And there might be a further game against Perfidious Albion in late November or early December. Which also reminds me, we should start thinking about a suitable venue for our annual awards night. All suggestions welcome.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 27 September: international friendly vs Borussia Dotorgmund (2 PM, Mabley Green)
Sunday 18 October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 22 November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 13 December: international friendly vs National FC (4:30 PM, Battersea Park)
Tuesday 15 December, Wednesday 16 December or Thursday 17 December: DiS Football Awards night