Islington Tennis Centre
It's only a month ago that we fought a very tight battle with the blue and white stripes of Perfidious Albion FC. Yours truly gave away the softest of all penalties, Jem bulldozered the midfield and Wembley Ed almost lost the plot. We were defeated by the narrowest of margins, so here we have the perfect occasion to put things right.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins. And note the earlier than usual kick-off time. Blame BT Sport for that, if you want.
In other news, we have agreement to play Borussia Dotorgmund (i.e. the Libertines message board) again towards the end of September. On a Sunday, so this game will go ahead no matter what, most likely at our usual home ground, Whittington Park.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms and toilet facilities situation t.b.c.
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 11:30 AM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 12 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 20 September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 27 September: international friendly vs Borussia Dotorgmund (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 18 October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 22 November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)