Whittington Park Football Pitch
After our temporary exile to Market Road we return to our home ground proper, Whittington Park, for the latest installment of Reds vs Blues. So we will definitely have access to the changing rooms. Gonna miss that grumpy groundsman at Market Road though.
Couple of updates regarding friendlies. To Madeira have asked if they can play us midweek, as their busy schedule, or to be more precise, the busy schedule of their rock star manager, does not allow for a Sunday fixture. Playing on Wednesday evening will be a first for DiS FC. Think of it as our Champions League adventure.
I'm also in negotiations over another international friendly in September, on a Sunday. Details t.b.c.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Wednesday 2 September: international friendly vs To Madeira (kick off t.b.c., Kennington Park?)
Sunday 13 September: international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 20 September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 18 October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)