Islington Tennis Centre
We will be returning to Market Road one more time, to play against proper league team Perfidious Albion. We share a player with them, although I don't think he'll play for either side. Or cheer us on from the sidelines, like last year, where his support inspired us to get a 4 - 2 win.
Not sure what the situation will be regarding the changing rooms at Market Road. My usual contact who looks after our pitch bookings is away, but I will check with her before next Sunday and let you know if we can use the changing rooms, as we are paying for it after all.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
In other news, unfortunately we will not be playing a match on the Champion Hill pitch proper, as Dulwich Hamlet FC are refusing to honour the gentleman's agreement we had after they cancelled our original match (for #Hoogyfest). Very poor form from a club that prides itself on being “morally upright”.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- changing rooms and toilet facilities situation t.b.c.
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 16th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 13 September international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 20 September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 18 October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)