Islington Tennis Centre
Due to circumstances beyond my comprehension we will not be able to play at our usual home ground, Whittington Park, during the months of July and August. So our next Reds vs Blues game is at Market Road, our usual back-up venue. According to the reports I have received, they have finally completed the new changing rooms. No idea if the groundsman is still very arsey about retrieving lost balls.
I am still in protracted negotiations regarding the rescheduled game on the Dulwich Hamlet pitch. Most likely date is Sunday 16 August. Will be confirmed once this long saga comes to a happy end.
And finally, we will play an international friendly on Sunday 2 August at Market Road. Opponents should be announced very soon (if anyone from Game Of Throw-ins FC is reading this, please reply to my message). We are also expected to play our good friends To Madeira in early September.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Caledonian Road tube station (Piccadilly line)
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Hemingford Arms pub
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 2nd August: international friendly (4 PM, Market Road)
Sunday 16th August: regular 11-a-side (3 PM, Champion Hill ???)
Sunday 13 September international friendly (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 20 September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)