Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
93 though: pretty decent.
without looking it all up, these are the things I know about him
1) he and patrick Mcnee were the only two surviving members of oliviers Hamlet.....hes also been a baddie in a couple of the avengers programs i've been watching on 'true entertainment' channel.
2) He knew Ian Fleming(cousin) and Tolkein. Tolkein actually said christopher lee could play gandalf....of course he plays Sauroman and Scaramanga.
3) He also played count Dooku and Dracula and Lord Summerisle and Fu Manchu making him the number one film baddie ever.
4) His dracula is my favourate film monster character ever.
5) Although Peter Cushion and Christopher Lee had been in other movies before, the first time they proper met was on 'the curse of the mummy' Lee had come into the room angry, saying he hadnt got any lines...Cushion said "you're lucky, have you read the script?"
I knew some of those but.....some it didn't.
so possibly/probably actually went on SOE missions with Ian Flemmin
Cut his hand in a drunken sword fight with Erol Flin.
spoke swedish, russian, german, italian, french.
Starred in more films than anyone else
Films hes been in have grossed more than anyone else
did his own stunts
expert fencer done more swordfights in films than anyone else
done more dying in films than anyone else,
was in the LRDG
was in the SOE
sounds like he fought in africa, czechoslovakia, poland, yugoslavia behind the lines
I don't normally regard anyone else as being an alpha male over me.....but....I gotta admit, he seems pretty damned unassailable
All the cool people paid tribute here http://drownedinsound.com/community/boards/social/4464060
This is the fids effort.