Whittington Park Football Pitch
We had a bit of a well-deserved break after all the fun of Hoogyfest and Le Toernooi in Amsterdam, but now we can go back to our spiritual home on the Holloway Road and play our usual Red vs Blues game. For the non-London DiSers, if you're in town for Retrospectacular on Friday and/or Saturday you may want to consider hanging around and join us on Sunday afternoon.
Dulwich Hamlet FC still have their promise to fulfill to let us play on their proper pitch, and it currently looks like this will happen on Sunday 19th July, i.e. the Reds vs Blues game after this one. Confirmation should be soon, and you may want to keep your diary free for that.
Regarding international friendlies, we'll be away playing a Sheffield XI on July 11th, and although we have enough players to turn up with a full team, there is still space if you're really keen. See the relevant thread for details.
Also I'm trying to set up an international friendly home game for August 2nd. More news on that to follow soon.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 11th July: international friendly vs Sheffield XI (2 PM, University of Sheffield)
Sunday 19th July: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Champion Hill t.b.c.)
Sunday 2nd August: international friendly (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Sunday 16th August: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)