Whittington Park Football Pitch
After our glorious victory against CCC we have another opportunity to test our new 3-5-2 formation before we travel to Amsterdam. Opponents for this game are expected to be a bit tougher: National FC, who we have never beaten previously. Could this be the day we break the spell?
Note that this game is back on our usual match day, i.e. Sunday, and the usual kick off time of 4 PM. Don't get confused by last week anomaly.
No immediate news for our friendlies against Game Of Throw-ins and Norfolk In Chance FC. The trip to Sheffield is probably something we can do in early July, if enough people are up for it. The 4th July, or the 11th July look feasible candidates for a game.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Saturday 16th May: extra-ordinary 11-a-side (3 PM till late, at Champion Hill Stadium)
Saturday 23rd May & Sunday 24th May: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 21st June: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Saturday 4th July or Saturday 11th July: friendly in Sheffield (???)
Sunday 19th July: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)