Whittington Park Football Pitch
Our first international friendly of the year, and it is against our good friends from the Chinese Community Centre. They are without doubt one of the most enjoyable teams to play against. The statistics say: played 4, won 4 (most recently a 5 - 2 win after coming back from being behind) and that may have something to do with why it is always so much fun to play them.
Note that this game will be played on Saturday, as to avoid a clash with the title decider in the Premier League the following day. We don't want our loyal supporters having to choose which stadium on the Holloway Road to attend.
Our friendly against National FC has been confirmed as well, and I am still trying to find a mutually agreeable date for matches against Game Of Throw-ins and Norfolk In Chance FC. The trip to Sheffield is still very much on the cards, now that their regular season has almost come to an end. All this will most likely happen over the summer months.
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee (street ref!), so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 10th May: international friendly vs National FC (4 PM, Whittington Park)
Saturday 16th May: extra-ordinary 11-a-side (3 PM till late, at Champion Hill Stadium)
Saturday 23rd May & Sunday 24th May: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam
Sunday 21st June: regular 11-a-side (4 PM, Whittington Park)