Whittington Park Football Pitch
We've had our first penalty shoot out of the season, and it certainly looks like we still need a lot of practice before we go off and play in a tournament abroad again that may be decided by pelanties. So here's the latest edition of the Reds vs Blues game, which may conclude in a draw again. I am aware that this coincides with the Villa vs Blackburn FA Cup semi-final, but you'll be able to see the first half in the Irish pub on the corner, and after 45 mins I'm sure it all be decided.
The following weekend, on Saturday 25th April, it seems very likely we'll be playing our good friends of the Chinese Community Centre. Those games are always a fun occasion, and a thread for signing up will be posted next week.
On Sunday 10th May we have our official Amsterdam warm-up game, against the National FC, who incidentally are also intending to travel to the Dutch capital and participate in the WV-HEDW International Fraternization Tournament. Interesting ...
And finally, I think everyone is aware now of our big day out on Saturday 16th May. You should all have received a personal invite (contact me if this is not the case). Many of you have already replied, but if you haven't, please do so at your earliest convenience, as there are a few organisational head aches involved in pulling the whole day together.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 26th April: international friendly vs CCC FC (4 PM, details)
Sunday 10th May: international friendly vs National FC (4 PM, details)
Saturday 16th May: extra-ordinary 11-a-side (3 PM till late, at Champion Hill Stadium)
Saturday 23rd May & Sunday 24th May: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam