Whittington Park Football Pitch
We had a bit of a break, and I'm a year older but not much wiser, but we're back again for some fine Reds vs Blues football malarkey. And the weather gods have guaranteed glorious, spring-like weather, so don't expect a repeat of last game's arctic monsoon conditions.
In other news, I am trying to move kick-off for our April game forward to 2 PM, to avoid a clash with the FA Cup semi-finals. I fully expect that supporters of Aston Villa, Blackburn, Reading and Arsenal want to watch these, and the FA, being incompetent as usual, have failed so far to confirm what teams play on Saturday and what teams play on Sunday. So to be on the safe side ...
Regarding international friendlies, I have two matches lined up and should be able to confirm opponents fairly soon. Stay tuned for more news.
And finally, the squad for the Amsterdam trip has been selected. Each and everyone is an expert on clogs and windmills. I might bump the relevant thread and add the squad list so that the rest of you can see as well who this year will defend the DiS honour aboard.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 19th April: regular 11-a-side (2 PM?)
Saturday 26th April: international friendly (4 PM, details t.b.c.)
Sunday 9th May: international friendly (4 PM, details t.b.c.)
Saturday 16th May: extra-ordinary 11-a-side (3 PM till late, at Champion Hill Stadium)
Saturday 23rd May & Sunday 24th May: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam