Whittington Park Football Pitch
The 5-a-side tournament was a lot of fun, even though I ended up with bruises in places I didn't even know they exist. It is back to the big pitch for our traditional 11-a-side Reds vs Blues games. Note that after this game there will a brief (?) 5 week break from DiS Football due to extended "verjaardag" activities, so all the more reason to sign up for this one.
It looks like May will be the month with football overload, as we are likely to have a friendly, a party and an overseas trip, i.e. 3 weekends full of fun in a row. If you have shown your interest in the Amsterdam tournament you should have received further details via email, contact me if that is not the case.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 29th Mar: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 19th April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 9th May: international friendly (4 PM, details t.b.c.)
Saturday 16th May: extra-ordinary 11-a-side (3 PM till late, at Champion Hill Stadium)
Saturday 23rd May & Sunday 24th May: WV-HEDW tournament in Amsterdam