Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Ronseal Thread. I like spicy stuff
First recipe here is amazing though:
I will take inspiration from this
get the lamb all browned and shit, then bung it in a casserole dish with some celery and onions, stock, tomoatoes, loads of chilli, lemongrass, galangal, lime leaves, coriander seeds, garlic, fish sauce and lime juice. Who gives a fuck
Then it'll come out all cooked and informed.
get a tagine!!
it tastes COMPLETELY DIFFERENT when your cooking a casserole with a wee funnel on it instead of a normal lid. night and day. you won't believe it.
nah it sounds shit
was fortitude any use? I can't be bothered trying to find the thread
Cook everything in a huge pan/soup pot
- chop and sweat 1.5-2 onions until soft
- add 2 tins chopped tomatoes and 1 tin of hot water
- add chopped veg (carrots/potatoes/swede/leeks/whatever you fancy)
- cook until veg almost ready
- meanwhile add ham stock cube, smoked paprika, chilli powder to taste
- some tomato puree and spoonful of sugar optional
- whilst this is cooking chop up pack of sausages into bite size chunks, fry off until non-pink
- chuck in sausages and simmer for a bit
- right before serving add in massive handful (as much as you can fit) of spring greens/kale (takes only couple of min to cook)
- serve in a big bowl with chunky brown break and butter.
simple but beautiful