Whittington Park Football Pitch
Well, well, well. Our first game of the year was jam-packed with controversy, and that was just Rod continuously asking for the ball, regardless his position on the pitch. Let's hope we've all calmed down a bit for the second contest and that brave Louis has recovered from his brave challenge.
No new news on international friendlies yet. The National are still keen, but we haven't been able to agree on a convenient date. Stay tuned.
Looking a bit further ahead I can now officially confirm that a celebratory DiS match will be played at Champion Hill on Saturday 16th May, with celebratory celebrations afterwards. The Amsterdam tournament will be held a week later on 23rd and 24th May. For both there will be a flurry of electronic mail in the coming weeks with more information. Please make sure I have your up-to-date contact details if you don't want to miss out.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 8th Feb: annual 5-a-side tournament (2 PM, further details t.b.c.)
Sunday 22nd Feb: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 29th Mar: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 19th April: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)