Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
appaz hawksmoor just use truly horrifying amounts of maldon and smoked maldon on each side. this sounds amazing and I have to try it soon.
and they suggest seasoning: "More than you probably think sensible. It will help build up a delicious salty crust. Some say you shouldn't season the steak until after you've cooked it. We think they're wrong."
So much on-brand smugcuntery in that one sentence
2. seek virtue
3. feed steak to a cat, one of the few animals whose flourishing requires meat consumption
4. achieve eudaimon
You achieve eudaimonia, not eudaimon. No good life for you, my friend.
Don't cook straight from the fridge etc etc etc blah blah blah
then you can have it blueish in the middle and well done one the edges
YOU HAVE A BURNT OUTSIDE AND A CHILLED MIDDLE AND ITS rANCID
I am really awful.
yeah som tom is delicious but you gotta get some larb gai at the same time
On 'linen' setting
then hides them in his duvet cover to slow cook (from the body heat of all the men he's asked to sleep with his wife).
I don't eat meat!
nice and sloe
Pat dry with paper towel.
Get pan super hot.
Tiny amount / no oil.
In pan for less time than you think.
Put in foil for a few minutes to let it rest.
Also goes without saying that it's one of those ingredients that it's worth spending money on, not necessarily stupid-beer-fed-Wagyu-beef money, but you a need a decent, thick cut.
if you season it excessively you've put too much on it
Or can we do serious replies?
- Buy as thick a cut as possible. More difficult to overcook.
- Leave outside fridge for a good few hours before you cook it/them.
- Leave griddle on gas 'til it's stupidly hot - heat haze, smoke coming off it, can't hold your hand near it.
- Open some windows
- Put a layer of salt flakes on side you're cooking first
- Put onto griddle. No oil on steak or pan.
- When you think it's ready to flip, give it a push. If it's sticking, leave it for 30 more secs. When it's ready, you'll be able to lift it off without it sticking.
- Salt uncooked side, flip and repeat.
- Flip a few times til you think it's done. Should have a nice black salt crust. Underdone is better than too done and it'll probably be fine after it sits for a bit.
- Let stand for a few minutes while your Micro Chips cook.
- Turn off smoke alarm
Doesn't the lack of oil when massive amounts of smoke which opening a window will do little to resolve?
hollandaise or peppercorn or GTFO imo`
steak frites - amazing
(i don't like bearnaise)
Diane, peppercorn, béarnaise, garlic butter, café de paris butter, butter and anchovy cream, BUT my favourite thing really is just to deglaze the pan with a bit of madeira or red wine/ port while the steak rests, and let it be eaten in its own boozy juices.
What is everyone's favourite cut of steak?
always better than the burned edges
and offer advice like 'nah mate you don't want to even move it in the pan for at least 30 seconds, you'll ruin it otherwise', they would.
Its like that Jerry Seinfeld joke about me fixing their cars in the driveway. He told it on his autobiographical show called "Seinfeld".
How long should you allow your cum to defrost before dressing your steak?
2. lay across radiator - 2 mins