Whittington Park Football Pitch
Season 7 is upon us. 2014 is almost over, and we're already preparing for another 12 months of fun and football. We'll start off with a Reds vs Blues game to get the legs going again after being fattened like a goose for a month. It's not only the ball that is round come January.
No confirmations regarding international friendlies yet. The National have asked if we can play again (date t.b.c.), and we still have that away game in Sheffield on the cards. Preparations for the Amsterdam trip are due to commence next week too.
By popular demand, we will have another one of our now traditional 5-a-side tournaments in February, maybe at the Sobell Sports Centre in Finsbury Park, maybe somewhere else. More details to be announced closer to the date.
And finally, keep Saturday 9th May free for a very special DiS Football celebration, at a very special venue.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 25th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 8th Feb: annual 5-a-side tournament (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 22nd Feb: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 29th Mar: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)