Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
lots of indie points on offer here.
There's a Big Brucie Bonus available for the goose eaters.
We also roasted the parsnips. Everything else was standard.
and ate some salmon beforehand
Roast Potatoes, Parsnips and Cauliflower (Try it!)
Red wine sauce.
Some Heston Choc/Popping Candy Torte from Waitrose
• mam's prawn cocktail sauce with prawns (one of the only times i eat shellfish), iceberg lettuce, lemon juice, black pepper and cherry tomatoes. served in a soup bowl cause nobody else could be arsed with a starter and she'd already defrosted the prawns so i had it.
• roast chestnuts (spares from the sprouts cause i can't have stuffing and the sprouts weren't cooked enough for me to eat them)
• 4 mini kilties (sausage wrapped in bacon for those of you who aren't versed in proper terms) cause i don't like turkey
• boiled brocolli (cba with the steamer)
• boiled baby carrots (see above)
• potatoes roasted in oil and s+p
all on a bog standard plate
• 1 wine glass of red berry shloer
didn't have any of the: beef gravy, roast beef, turkey crown, mashed potato, sprouts with chestnuts and bacon, yorkshires
no pudding cause who cares. mam did buy eclairs in place of profiteroles though but i can't have them anyway.
but didn't this year for some strange reason? cos my dad decided to do fuck all all day probably. we normally have it in chinese soup bowls.
but for the sprouts we fried them with chipotle and hazelnuts.It was a recipe we found in the guardian. That's got to count for something right?
Fake turkey stuff with stuffing inside it
Linda Mac sausages
Cauli, broc, potatoes boiled and roasted, carrots, sprouts
Not too bad
it was fuckin lovely. it's converted me to the ways of the christmas pud.
Pigs In Blankets
Baby carrots, baby corns-on-the-cob, asparagus
Tiramisu & chocolate cheesecake
(* not a webpage)
was just a normal dinner bar honey roast parsnips and we had real pigs in blankets this year instead of premade teskies ones
Now considered a solidly traditional seasonal cornerstone in the Wza household after having had it for two of the last three Christmases.
Vienetta for pudding.
3. Salmon w/ roe creme
4. Foie gras w/ fig bread
5. Main course (turkey, mashed potato, chestnut stuffing, ham stuffing
7. Three different christmas 'logs'
8. Coffee w/ chocolates
you are a fucking animal
so i went mental eating canapes and bread and stuff and by the time the main arrived i was really in trouble. finished the meal at 2am. proper weird
Fucking love it. It's basically buttermeat.
Should have paced myself but so many good things on Eve yesterday and today
The French fully understand my mindset. So much booze too. They kept topping up way before I was close to finishing a glass. Got destroyed
I dont even know what 3 of these things are!
with his mashed potato!
pigs in blankets
leeks and cauliflower in cheese sauce
roast potatoes, parsnips and sweet potato
and i made a banoffee pie for dessert because none of us are that fussed about christmas pudding
Estonian Christmas dinner & Swedish Christmas dinner & 6 different types of booze & even some birthday cake
indie points, please.