Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Or the fact you're both really small?
the bigger it is the harder it is
The perils of modern life
think its a bit rubbish to be honest. I mean the points it makes are true, but they're just so obvious that they don't require saying, or if they do no more than a couple of lines are needed.
Do you think that internet dating/Tinder has changed the culture of dating though?
it would be ridiculous to say that it hasn't but it's something that has been constantly adapting with the times and moving on forever these people just need to suck it up and accept that now isn't the same as ten years ago or five years ago or last year or last month
so dunno. Essentially its just an appallingly written article that comes across as having been written by someone who was just dumped
sounds like it's gonna be the written version of that 'look up from your phones' video that loads of thick people loved
one of the worst websites of all time
haven't managed to click on a link from it for two years until today
And I'm genuinely shocked at just how awful it is
"According to this study (that was rated 3.7 stars out of 5)"
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????? Who is rating the study? Why are they doing it out of five? Why have they decided to divide a star into 7/10ths of a star?? Why use the star system at all if youre going to divide a star into such a precise fraction of itself?
I'm calling it now; that quote's bullshit and they made it up
couldn't read past the first sentence, because it is wrong. skipped straight to the end to be hit in big bold font by that gem. pretty sure there's no raw powerful writing there.
Also need owls and sloths
big picture / wee sloth
I did the critter babies are you a dog or cat person quiz and...
"You are totally a dog!"
but I know what they look like from WhatsApp.
She will be careful in her words. You notice she never says “parents” and looks away when someone mentions their father. You are consumed with a strange, irrational guilt when you answer a phone call from your dad. It feels dirty, like a secret that will unravel this ethereal happiness you’ve built together.
28 things that happen when you're a talkative introvert
1. While you may enjoy being the center of attention, you like it in a controlled environment. You might not bust out your best material at a party filled with a sea of unfamiliar faces. You have to warm up, learn the best way to approach these new people. It’s like running a marathon: you’re going to have practiced the distance a few times before going balls to the wall crazy.
2. People have referred to you as an extrovert, and you feel kind of awkward correcting them- something only a true introvert would experience.
3. You feel completely at home on a stage with hundreds to thousands of people in the audience, but absolutely dread even the tamest small talk face-to-face.
4. People expect you to be the life of the party. THE PRESSURE! IT’S TOO MUCH!
5. People have a hard time understanding the difference between real you, and the character you sometimes take on to deal with social situations. If you’re an actor or performer, you know how to create character backstories, weird little quirks, etc. You can full on slip into a completely different person, which is almost creepy.
6. You need to massively recharge after a large expenditure of social energy. And you’d prefer to do this alone.
7. You OWN the saying, “Fake it till you make it.”
8. You get a slightly weird pleasure out of convincing people you’re way more social than you actually are.
9. You’ve told people you had a crazy weekend, but “can’t really remember the details, just THAT crazy.” Translation: You got kind of drunk watching reruns of The Nanny and wondered if you’d be able to tolerate Fran Drescher in real life.
10. You can witty banter with the best of them.
11. When you find out someone else is a chatty introvert, you are so overjoyed at the prospect of someone understanding your complicated ways. Hooray! Happy day!!!
12. You feel like Jennifer Lawrence would just get you.
13. You’ve called yourself shy, and people laugh, like you’re telling another great joke…but…but…
14. You have two modes when in a completely new social circle: You either clam up, and observe, making mental notes of funny stories you can later tell. Or, you overcompensate and talk so much. You talk too much. Stop talking.
15. You are a god damn dance machine, but get kind of awkward when people try to dance with you.
16. You geek out when you discover some of your favorite actors/musicians/artists/comedians are self-identified introverts.
17. For a moment, you’ve considered maybe you ARE an extrovert.
18. Then, you come across a true extrovert and realize, nope. That’s not you.
19. You definitely enjoy being with people, but absolutely crave solitude. You really like time to yourself to just read, listen to music, generally ponder life like a mini wizard. You’re Dumbledore, able to command a room, but also chilling alone sometimes.
20. Seriously, never 4get YOU ARE DUMBLEDORE (spoiler alert though: don’t die).
21. You’ve been tasked with giving/making speeches because “you’re so comfortable with that kind of thing.”
22. Quiet introverts (quietly) reject you, claiming you are not a TRUE introvert.
23. You wonder if there’s any place you really belong. Maybe you are one of a kind. Like a snow flake, or Kanye West.
24. You can be simultaneously charming as hell, and so undeniably awkward. You’re an enigma, my friend.
25. People are surprised the first time you outwardly display serious introvert behavior. You can’t fight it all the time.
26. Though you don’t want to host the party (or even stick around for too long), you’ll definitely make an appearance, and some people might even remember your hilarious anecdotes long after the night is finished.
27. Only a select few individuals know the true you.
28. Sure, you can be somewhat complicated, but boo thang, that’s perfectly fine.
Make me want to punch this woman into oblivion
two references to Harry Potter gives this adequate context i think. when she's talking about dancing, i think she means in a school hall at 6pm.
to tell them how gut churningly awful they are
but this website has really gotten to me. I feel literally sickened that it exists and that self-important people are posting this utter garbage on there.
I'm going for a shit
Attach Log, Tug, Oh
Caught At Hog Lot
Catgut Gal, Oh Th(e)o
boyfriend posted this on his Facebook.
none of this sounds anything like me.
First paragraph (didnt read past that) reminds me of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdkaRmRC2H0#t=1m24s
Brooklyn coffee shop, and subsequently followed by whoops and cheers, before the crowd return to looking at their phones where they're quickly swiping through matches on Tinder.
Maybe it's because I'm old. I dunno
C+C Music Factory