with signings allowed a couple of weeks from now, who are your club likely to offload, and who do you think might come in?
think we'll probably be breaking even as this is the last window of our FFP evaluation period. one or two biggies in the summer, but nowt major 'til then...
- Nastasic, almost certainly to Serie A. Could be a loan, could be a permanent deal, but sad how his time here's panned out given his excellent first season. Nobody really knows why he's been completely disregarded, but rumours include holding the club to ransom for money upon nearly leaving last summer, a dodgy knee, bad attitude, and a ridiculously appearance-heavy contract. Fee likely to be a disappointing £6m-£8m.
- Sinclair. Honestly still here. Should join Southampton or Hull for £55, a job lot of tracksuits and a to-be-arranged friendly.
- Guidetti. Burly Swedish striker off to Celtic for £3m after a successful loan.
- Rusnak. Another forward doing okay overseas, been on loan at Cambuur, just agreed permanent deal with Groningen, fee less than a million.
- sign a striker to replace Alvaro Negredo, loaned out in the summer. Aguero, Dzeko and Jovetic are talented and all, but all have picked up multiple injuries this season. Wouldn't surprise me if we went for a short-term option until the summer, perhaps David Villa on loan from Melbourne/New York Man City.
- extend Frank Lampard's loan or if that can't happen then sign an attacking midfielder who can replace his goals and Yaya Toure when he's away at the Africa Cup of Nations. Rumours are we're already in talks with Wesley Sneijder, who's well past his best but who i guess would be quite another who might prove quite handy short-term.
- a centre-half to replace Nastasic. Vince's injuries aren't being manged so well, Mangala's been at best okay, Demichelis is still The Man but won't be here next season. Rumours abound that we might be in for Winnie Reid, which would be a decent enough move, imho, especially as he's running his deal down at his current club.