Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
1 minute by car (current traffic 2 minutes)
6 minute walk
(statistics provided by google)
fuck knows how I'm going to get the milk back.
3 minute round trip.
1 minute by car
5 minute walk
I choose one that is 0.3 miles away instead because it is better
I go to fucking Waitrose which is probably 0.5m
instead of "Inglemere Supermarket".
1 minute walk.
because on the way back I'd have to go round a mental one way system!!
2 min walk (by Google, 30 seconds in reality)
I could do it in 20 seconds. Might end up killing someone and there is a school on the way but it might be worth a go.
On accounts of the ring road system
2 min walk
just found out it's called THE LIQUORDOME
What sort of operation do you think I'm running here hibster?
1 minute walk apparently
1 min by car
1 min walk
Google's talking shit, no way it'd take me a minute, car or walking.
There's an Arnold Clark across the street, could steal a van (is Arnold Clark a UK ting, or is it just in Scotland? Just so I know if my van rental references are making sense)
1 min walk
0.4 mile drive!!
3 minutes by car
8 minutes walking
2 minutes by bike (my preferred option, obviously)
I have a heroic quest it seems.
If that would have been Hercules' 13th labour he would have fucked the whole lot off.
a bring your own milk policy. If they did I imagine the corkage fees would be outrageous.
5 mins all in
Can we start doing something similar for the emotional journey we will all have to undertake as well?
- Mild irritation at the fact the gf will have double locked the front door despite the fact that we're in
- Confusion at why I've never seen a single neighbour despite the shared entrance
- Superiority over all the drivers sitting in the road doing nothing waiting for traffic lights
- Delight at how convenient the local convenience store is
- Annoyance at the broken self-service till and the absence of any staff to assist
- Mild happiness as the friendly security day says thanks and I wish him a good day/evening (time dependent)
- Crushing existential crisis about how futile everything is for the journey back
- annoyance at having to go out to get milk
- annoyance at new trendy café run by incredibly young, attractive types
- annoyance at trendy bike shop that I want to buy a nice bike from but don't have any room
- trepidation at who will be serving in the shop: Friendly Man, Friendly Woman, Grumpy Short-Change Man
everytime i pop out for some milk/anything else i might need from said convenience store
0.3 of a mile
I've always said (and I think you'll back me up on this) that if you need to get in the car to go and buy a pint of milk (or a copy of The Guardian) then I don't want to live there.
Fuck you, bumpkins!
According to Google, this only takes me ten seconds in the car or 36 seconds by foot. They don't allow me to factor in the stairs in my flat though, so discount all this information.
Google says 5 minutes, which is presumably the speed of an old man with arthritis. However, there are also some fucker lights to get past so it works out about the same to get there. So 10-15mins round trip, annoyingly.
What a time to be alive.
8 minutes on bike on way there, 12 mins on way back home.
Where do you live? On the fucking moon or something!?
I guess I could milk a cow or 2 but I can't give an accurate distance from my house cos the cows are generally not in the same place.
So you could estimate the distance within reasonable bounds of probability.
of the milk
6 minutes walk
2 minutes by car
That hasn't taken into account the throngs of people gawping at the lights this time of year though so I'd say more like 8 minutes by car
11 minutes walk according to Google.
Local corner shop. Great banter with the lads. They always ask me to buy more beer and then say I don't drink enough. Have a chat with them about the cricket and that. Top vibes.
3 min walk
1 minute car
5 minute walk
2 minute drive (1 minute without traffic)
No public transport options available
i bought a small milk today actually (for tea) but literally can't remember the last time i did.
1 minute walk. Although I walk quite fast so I reckon I could do it in 30 seconds. Cheers
depending on whether there's anywhere closer than the UK where they sell milk in pints.
6 minute walk, and apparently a minute quicker to go to the corner shop i never go to because it takes longer than that cause you have to cross at crossings
I love where I live.