Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last Reds vs Blues game of the year, before we have our winter break. Quite popular on the continent, the Christmas pause, and one day the EU will force English football to do the same. Possibly.
It also your last opportunity to show your amazing skills and put yourself in contention for one of those coveted DiS Football Awards, which will be announced on Thursday 11th December. Will Owen win the Golden Boot, or is there a last minute return from Ormsby, or indeed any of the other goalscoring machines? There's only one way to find out.
No news on our Sheffield trip yet, due in early 2015.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Thursday 11th Dec: DiS Football Awards night (8 PM)
Sunday 11th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 25th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 8th Feb: annual 5-a-side tournament (possibly, this may have to be postponed until March)