Whittington Park Football Pitch
Last international friendly of the year. We'll be playing the aptly named Game of Throw-ins FC, founded by (former) DiS-er domril. He played for us a few times one or two years ago. They are a brand new team, so no one knows what to expect. Time to start another unbeaten run?
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee (street ref!), so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
In road-trip-related news, we are trying to organise a weekend away in Sheffield (a city highly recommended for its ale pubs) some time early next year. As soon as we have a date confirmed, there will be further announcements on how and what.
And finally, our annual end of year Football Awards night has been confirmed for Thursday 11th December, upstairs at the Three Kings (a few mins walk from Farringdon station). Please keep that night free from all other intrusions.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are changing rooms, toilet and shower facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43, 263 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour t.b.c. but most likely RED
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 7th Dec: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Thursday 11th Dec: annual Football Awards night (8 PM)
Sunday 11th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 25th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)