Whittington Park Football Pitch
We haven't done this for a while (2 months to be precise) but we're going back to our traditional Reds vs Blues format. And a return to our traditional home ground as well, so we should be able to get our ball back, unless it lands in someone's back garden. For all the players who have been asked to sit out one or more LIA matches: this is the perfect opportunity to get back in the game. No restrictions on squad size for us (within reason, obviously).
With regards to our home ground, since Market Road resembles a building site for the foreseeable future, we will remain at Whittington Park at least until the end of March next year. We may want to reconsider after that, if the new facilities at Market Road are really flash.
Our annual end of year party and awards hand-out will be on Thursday 11th December. Please keep the date free. Venue details will be confirmed soon.
And finally, we have one more international friendly before the year is out, as we will play Game Of Throw-Ins FC on Nov 30th, the team featuring our former player Dom (user name "domril). This game will also take place at Whittington Park.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 20th Nov: international friendly vs Game Of Throw-Ins (4 PM)
Sunday 7th Dec: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Thursday 11th Dec: annual Football Awards night (8 PM)
Sunday 11th Jan: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)