Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
2 bad from the weekend. Go.
+ had a lovely, lazy morning. Cooked a mean breakfast
- Lost 2-1 at home to Wigan. Frustrating. Fell asleep just as MoTD started and woke up to the League One highlights on The Football League Show.
- Plans fucked around by ex-wife
+ Took my lad to see Box Trolls: it is excellent
+ cycled a lot this weekend (see minuses though) and bought boyfriend a new bike
+ eye test on Saturday and found out I still have 20/20 vision
- cycled into central London yesterday. Had no issues with cars, but one encounter with a pedestrian who stepped into my path on a DEDICATED cycleway. I shouted quite softly "cycle path!" and he responded quite hilariously with "FUCK OFF!!!!"
- hurt my back putting something in the bin (wtf) and it's really painful
+ had a lovely time at simple things festival. forgot how much i love liars and actress.
+ bumped into an old mate from school in bristol. caught up and agreed to meet before i move.
- saw two flats yesterday and they were both shit.
- spent a bit too much money this weekend by buying olafur arnalds tickets on a whim.
my new spot is pretty good.
I'm embracing the positive. I'm going to beat my depression and therefore I'm just going for three positives.
+ drank Sangria with gf on Friday evening and was presented with a tiny cactus as a gift from her
+ watched a great documentary about a crazy Californian cult from the 70s. It's a must see, "The Source Family".
+ my daughter played boardgames with my gf and my housemate on Saturday afternoon, the most contact she's had with my gf thus far. Was really nice.
I had a 'man-to-man' conversation with my lad yesterday about how he'd feel if I 'met' someone: he was very philosophical about it, suggested that it would be OK because he knows that I would only choose a nice woman.
I'm not because I know they're both super cool.
That's really sweet of your son.
any man that his mother wanted to go out with because he would probably be more interested in money than wanting to be his mate. Made me laugh: he knows his mother well!
He's very worldly-wise for a 9yo sometimes. This does make me simultaneously proud and, yeah, a bit sad.
Didn't mean to bring you down at all.
+ Simple Things was really good. Better organised and better sound than last year. Ears still ringing a bit from Mogwai.
+ NFL on Sunday was great
- Slept about 6 hours all weekend.
- Having a massive weekend two days before payday means I'm incredibly skint today. Going to make dinner from whatever's in the cupboards tonight. Hello canned tomato and rice surprise!
+ my dad got an offer on his house at the amount he wanted
- my dad got an offer on his house and he accepted and now he'll be moving to Italy for good :( (obviously he'll visit and we'll visit but it's not the same)
- I don't feel like myself
Great set of characters throughout. You're in for a (slightly disturbing) treat.
I can't imagine how they're gonna keep it interesting for another 5 series
to explore some different aspects of Dexter's personality
would have been better if someone hadn't ruined the end of the S4 for me halfway through me watching it though.
think i have all the seasons on DVD, but currently halfway through season 5. i hear some of the final seasons are a bit rubbish though so not exactly racing through S5 to get to them.
simply dragging it out.
4 and 5 are great
I know that a certain suspension of disbelief is required but I found the whole dynamic between Dexter and the D.A. pretty preposterous.
Just couldn't buy into Miguel.
Season 4 is brilliant. The character playing the equivalent of the Miguel part of S3 (i.e. Dexter's main interest) is excellent (v. different to Miguel and much easier to buy into). S4 and S5 explore interesting aspects of Dexter's psychological development.
+ Had a lovely FaceTime with someone v nice on my birthday <3
- Felt a bit sick in places
- I seem to have twisted by back
You don't mean one of those though, do you
+ went to see escape from NY at drygate last night
- lots of stuff re the ex
- lots of stuff re the ex
+ Went to Hebden bridge on Saturday and had a lovely time
- Spent too much money on books
+ My manager is off for the week
- The woman at the bagel place didn't take her gloves off before doing my bagel which meant mine (jam and butter) smelt and tasted like salmon. I had to put it in the bin.
True fact: highest concentration of lesbians in the UK.
+ Draw against Chelski felt like a win
- GF spent most of Sunday revising for one of the myriad exams the NHS makes her pay large amounts to take in order to advance in her job
- Went to buy sweet potatoes for Jamie's delicious sweet potato mash and came back with sweet potato-sized yams. Did not work out well.
-I'm in bed with faps.
-My hand hurts.
- Getting a cold.
+Had some great homemade pie last night.
+Hung out with good pals all weekend.
+ the most cycling I've done in a couple of months. Was good to get out and ride. 2 x 40 mile rides.
+ mogwai were ace last night
- very skint for the next fortnight
-job is getting me down
- got a terrible night's sleep and my neck is buggered
- work this week is going to be utterly shite
+ booked tickets to take daughter to Canada over Christmas and new years which is amazing
+ had a weekend of eating only entirely home cooked food, which was amazing
+ it was a nice weekend to play football in (we lost 6-0 but it was a cup game against a team a million leagues above us, so not bad all in all)
+ had a chinese last night
- The left side of my jaw hurts when it moves too far. If i press my ear it hurts, too, so i guess it's running along the bone. Basically i can't move it far enough to get a good bite of an apple, might have to bob down the GP and have a moan if it carries on.
- My right-side of my stomach hurts as well, which appears to have come from nowhere. Feels like a pull/mini-tear, which is dead annoying. Whenever i try to stand up from sitting, or twist when doing sport or something, just feel it squeezing. Can you go to the docs for two minor ailments?
there's no real limit for ailments, as long as it's only a 10 min appointment. you can ask for a double (20 min) appointment
What the hell y'all been doing??
+ my dad is getting better
- had a really bad stomach all weekend and now i don't want to eat anything and i'm not due to see anyone about it for another five weeks
+ not at work til thursday
- working a halloween event with loads of screaming kids
+ beyoncé x topshop
- it's topshop (awful on so many levels)
Really hope he makes a full recovery.
he's started getting around a bit inside with crutches
AND he had a proper go at me last time i saw him for not getting myself a better job so he's very much on the mend.
+ Quiet weekend
+ Got a new 2 bedroomed flat thats MASSIVE (from December)
- Was supposed to hang out in Manchester but this fell through
- Got exceptionally drunk Saturday night and spent far too much money
+ played some records at a pub on Saturday, went really well, had loads of fun and recently pregnanted friends made it out and got to tell everyone about it, which was ace.
- felt progressively hungoverer on Sunday until I eventually had to go back to bed for a bit in the afternoon. This is what happens when you swap a bear for a bottle of Tia Maria prior to going out for the evening.
+ didn't get demolished by Chelsea on Sunday, and actually looked pretty competitive for long periods
- two of my friends have broken up :(
Sounds like you got the raw end of that deal.
I'm a fool.
+ played 2 rounds of golf in the howling wind. Was actually good fun and I played really well.
+ Bolton Wanderers won again!
- Motherwell got beat AGAIN! How can a team that was so consistantly good last season be so consistanly bad this season?
- Read Severed799 CRISIS thread.
+ grading was lots of fun, didn't move up a belt but got to learn some new moves, plus partake in a particularly brutal belt whipping for the people who did grade
+ Watched UFC 179, great main event Aldo & Mendes are both top lads
+ went to see more flats on Saturday, first one was pretty nice. made going to see the other three a bit pointless as they were a) not as nice and b) cost more. have got a second viewing booked for Tuesday, hopefully someone won't go and put an offer in between now and then like with the flat we kind of liked last week.
+ St Vincent was good on Saturday night.
- Sunday night was spent dreading work, which turned out to be even worse than I had expected!
- i can't think of another negative
add putting my reply in the wrong place as my second negative. fuck knows why it's here.
+ spent the weekend hiking the cornish coast
+ ate and drank loads of good food and beer
- destroyed my camera by being an idiot
- my legs hurt and i'm not sure they will ever work again
- Hurt my wrist somehow
- It's Monday
+ 3 Day week
+ Made delicious pumpkin bread last night
Mine is from cycling - when I was carrying my bike up stairs I twisted my wrist funny.
- studying didn't go very well
+ I actually did some studying instead of sitting around with my thumb up my arse all weekend
+ spent all yesterday worried about a nightmare day at work today but I've already got the worst of it out of the way
+ still pretty relaxed after holiday last week
+ got tickets to Sleater Kinney and Run the Jewels, looking forward to going to lots of gigs
- local foxes are dragging non-edible rubbish into our front garden, and I can't figure out why. It's like they're building a fort
- back at work
A bloody woodpecker! A green spotted one as well. I've never even seen one in real life before.
one visits our garden all the time, maybe it's the same one :) Our latest visitor is a nuthatch, it looks like a little brown kingfisher.
the foxes ripped them open for no reason and scattered little polystyrene balls all over the gravel path. Top bants.
and learning how to rip stuff open and look for food, rather than actual adult foxes actually looking for food. They are cheeky little shits though.
+ Saw loads of friends and had quality time with people who I hadn't seen in ages on Saturday & also played some music
+ Played Football, won.
- Terrible referee
- Illness, pain, weekend now over etc.
+Spent a nice Sunday afternoon with my mates, chilling out, watching NFL.
-Went to a Dedication on Sunday for a friend's kid, which was nice and that, but it was very God. Especially the weird video with some actor telling me God was my dad and it went on FOREVER. Felt a bit uncomfortable at times. Also, when people were talking about stuff they'd done they kept thanking God for doing it - no mate, YOU did it, not God.
-Got very, very drunk at the house party and had no sleep - still suffering a bit.
He's never at fault when the shit comes down, slippery Sod
Good 1 - saw some friends for a nice roast
Good 2 - saw my folks when they came to visit - was nice
Bad 1 - fucke dup my 10k beachy head run, knees started hurting at abouy 7 km - had to pretty much walk the last 2km - still, did it in 61 mins and came 140/297 which is ok i guess, dissapointing tho
Bad 2 - nothing particularly - just been doing depressing job applications that i have little faith will be successful - hate it
it's not going well so far - but i appreciate the support!
+ spent Saturday evening hanging out with my girlfriend and her friends
+ seeing Nils Frahm tonight!
- back in work after a week in Poland (visiting my youngest brother in Warsaw) and come back to an absolute mountain of emails
- got a spare Nils Frahm ticket as my friend can't make it anymore, anyone want it?
Weirdly I met two of my mates from home on the train who'd been there and were off their tits. Had to sit all the way back with a very posh man who was equally as drunk, and it was very awkward (although they were really nice to each other)
Got the last train back to my parents in York and didn't realise the train stopped in Leeds for an hour. So many people completely smashed just staggering around the station, quite funny.
+ watched Transcendence I liked it
+ booked trains for exciting Glasgow/Edinburgh trip in two weeks
- did worst dj mix ever
- sunderland lost again
they've put two mortal enemies together at work this morning. No fireworks yet. Boringgg
How long you in glasgow for?
In and oot
There might be a room you like at it. People seem to think HB is a bit 'difficult' (not me)
At the moment. Shoite
maybe that'll be a gigspace
i've got to to go the opticians there this week and i already know that he's going to be disappointed in me for not going for two and a half years (went to one in byker instead) and i'm so wracked with guilt
I dont think the optician will care too much, should be okay
the scs warehouse would be good but idk if a club sort of thing would be possible that close to people's houses thats the prob
+ feel a lot better than i did last week and my eye infection has improved loads
- looking for work is crap. i've just sent away a really good application for a job i would be great at and love but i'm pretty sure i won't even get an interview.
- our flat is really damp and my clothes smell bad
but we've just got to plug on
+mum and sister came up, curry friday night, dinner in Common saturday, lots of beer both days
+sleater kinney tickets
- slept on the floor all weekend
- dunno it was good
+Saw St Vincent, she was awesome. Bumped into marckee and La Roux.
+Looked after sick gf rest of the weekend, ate lots of food including a lovely roast and watched meryl streep films
- Feel like shite and am struggling to cope with life. Called in sick and nearly cried down phone to my boss. Now back at my mum's. Felt like veering into oncoming traffic on the drive down.
- Wtf is this weather. I want to wear a coat.
keep strong elth!
I'm off both Friday and Monday so if you want to catch up for lunch or anything, that would be nice. Meant to be going out with Brooke and her pole fitness class on Hallowe'en but that's mainly because I have no other plans or anything.
+ This week i'm mostly in a barn in Essex making a weathered beach hut (for work purposes) in navy overalls and converse trainers (had to get in what I'm wearing as I feel kind of hot wearing it)
+I love this weather. It feels all fresh and sunny.
- Problems with someone who is currently stressing me out both professionally and personally
- My anxiety is at an all time high and my mother surprisingly me by coming to London this weekend didn't go to well as I was het up the whole weekend.
Still, love this weather. i'm gonna go for a wander.
HAVING AN EXTRA HOUR IN BED. YUUSSSHH.
+ had a really good time at simple things
+ first visit to bristol ever, will be returning soon
- wish friends could have made it
- feel a cold coming on
I'm hungry. Also found out there is a Ja Ja Ja thing on Thursday which I am now quite looking forward to.
Don't think I've laughed so much in ages, ate amazing cheese, kissed a lot, learnt some new dance moves.
+ went to a wedding fayre yesterday at the SECC, laughed hysterically at how bloody ridiculous weddings are and just bypassed the nasty stalls and went into the champagne tent to neck free booze
- Got myself into a state of high anxiety last night about a speech I had to do today at a conference which, if i'm being honest with myself, I hadn't adequately prepared for. Partly because work has been heinous and i'm doing crazy hours again and weekends. However, I could easily have cut a biut oif the socialising out of my weekend and done some more prep, so my own fault too. Of course, it turned out fine just winging it FOR NINETY FUCKING MINUTES AND THEN QUESTIONS, and it's made me realise i'm better flying by the seat of my pants and I need to put a stop on this recent descent into A Total Fretter About Things
- my niece is teething really badly and when I tried to give her a cuddle this morning she did an upper cut right into my fanny. which is not what it needed after the weekend.
(9am dentist appointment to have old veneers drilled off. I looked like a duck/ trout until about three hours afterwards and only got proper feeling back in my face about 1pm when the anaesthetic wore off).
+ Took my Dad to the NFL at Wembley yesterday which was properly brilliant
- Didn't sleep well on Saturday or Sunday night.
- Have no money
wishing this last hour away tbh
- cant really afford to be buying clothes right now :(
how did you do your makeup like that? the black squiggly lines always bleed when i try it :(
the way the sleeves are and my hair like that doesnt do it justice. it's rare that i find a coat that i like wearing/fits properly.
lecturer in a course i do notetaking for didn't turn up for the second lecture in a row. means i've now been paid ~ £28 just for taking 10 minutes each time to turn up to the room and sit around for a bit. lol