South Carriage Drive
Two years ago we played National FC, and we lost 7 - 1. Then last year we played them again, and we lost 5 - 0. And although our aim is not to lose again (obviously) anything that's a 4 goal defeat or less will do nicely. Who says I'm setting the bar too high?
For those of you who haven't been before and are scared to go south of the river, the all-weather pitches are on the south-west side of the park, next to the children's playground. Check this map, it's #37: http://www.wandsworth.gov.uk/images/batterseaparkmap-edit.gif
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
No news yet on the London International Amateur Football 11s League, due to start in October. Our entry has been confirmed though. More news as we have it.
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- they don’t allow anyone to play in studded boots – even moulded. They insist on astroturf boots or trainers, and they do come out and check as well!!!
- there are changing and showering facilities
- 10 min walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station
- 20 min walk from Sloane Square tube station (District and Circle lines)
- these buses pass by or near the Park: 19, 44, 49, 137, 156, 239, 319, 344, 345, 452
- arrive at 4:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour = red
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 6 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Prince Albert on Albert Bridge Road
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 12th October: LIA round #1 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)
Sunday 19th October: LIA round #2 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)
Sunday 26th October: LIA round #3 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)
Sunday 2nd November: LIA round #3 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)