Your are viewing a read-only archive of the old DiS boards. Please hit the Community button above to engage with the DiS !
Show me what you got, DiS.
- Back at work today after a mini holiday and everything is pain. And might have to tell off an assistant a bit.
+ Got tomorrow off so fully planning on staying in bed for the entire day, with a bit of light recording for the new band that evening.
- Going to have a go at coming off booze til December and dreading the initial shock of doing so.
+ Best mate got engaged recently, so very happy for him.
- Driving a hire car at the moment. It's nice and new but it's also bright red and very small. I look fairly ridiculous in it.
- Sitting in a different seat at work at the moment, from which my screens are much more visible to many more people. That advert with the leggings-clad arse is really not helping matters, Sean.
+ New York
- triathlon on saturday will hurt a lot.
- nope, nothin.
this is the best one to read, already.
Everything is looking good for you buddy. Well deserved.
and we can go to Jets game together and get in a fight.
made up for you too and your new-found happiness. Not so much the finance bit, but the happiness, yes!
I'll work on the move.
finances will sort themselves out once I organise myself a bit.
+ think i've worked out how to do a physics thing that's been on my mind a couple of weeks
+ bought a ticket for brotzmann / noble / tippett at oto in a couple of weeks
- bored of the summer / my life in general and stuff like that
- prettttty low on money atm and still a month until student loan comes in
Did you share halls with a guy called Tom last year? (In Leicester). Only reason I ask is that you both mentioned having been in the background of The Secret Life Of Students. (You might not go to Leicester)
i am at leicester but haven't lived in halls since 1st year (now about to start my 4th)
possible but unlikely that i know this tom anyway. what's his last name?
It's probably a different Tom then. I won't give his surname on here for Sam Ibbott reasons.
+ found my new favourite pub in the world yesterday
+ all you can eat veggie curry later
- I've really hurt my neck
- my drinking buddy is moving to Budapest today; I need a new one. Please apply.
+ it's gorgeous and sunny outside. I know it's a real 'office worker' thing to be positive about, but it really does make a difference to my mood.
+ totally nailed the curry night I hosted on Saturday. Excuse the tinyurl but the FB url was HUGE: http://tinyurl.com/ocxw6kc
- Post-lunch tiredness
- Weekend went way too quickly.
+ Had an enjoyable weekend
+ Playing football this evening, and Thursday, and Sunday
+ Spoke to a friend who is wonderful and haven't spoken to in ages
- Actually almost fell out of my chair about 30 minutes ago I was in so much pain from my crohn's.
- Lots of irritating work with short deadlines that are dependent on other people sending things to me.
- expensive things related to car ownership
send my regards, and thanks.
- no suitable jobs unless I want to work in London, which I really don't
+ got some new game stuff coming in the post which I'm looking forward to
+ chicken carnitas burritos for dinner tonight
the CCGs would NEVER. END.
(don't tempt me)
That's come around fast. Need to buy some waterproof trousers then.
just around the corner from me tomorrow
+ competing at this on Saturday -> http://youtu.be/i9bhA6moWow
- kind of regretting taking a raincheck on a date I am pretty knackered though
- just been sent a whole bunch of stuff I have to do for a peer advisory role it looks well long.
- ODD weekend. ODD.
- Work. Just lost a big job because of a bellend presenter. :(
+ Going to the pub because of aforementioned bellend.
+ Going to look at a flat tomoz.
You feel me?
and my boss is sat next to me in tears.
SOUND SELECTAH, BELLEND PRESENTAH
what ODD stood for. Turns out it stands for 'odd'.
+ i am happy
+ it's a nice day
- just noticed my teeth are really worn down
- i'm really lazy
- Found out last week that my team is being moved to another department for 6 months to help with some other work that's vastly uninteresting. This will be my 3rd department move this year. What. the. hell.
+ Had a top weekend
- Girl who I like might be moving away :(
fingers crossed you're not gay
then love flourish it may
Please, please stay
and I AM happy for you.
+ Great weekend which confirmed how well things are going with the newly thinly veiled
+ Really looking forward to Unsound in LESS THAN A MONTH.
- My boss was, objectively, an utter cunt to me last thursday and really pissed me right off, what made it worse is that I didn't tell him this at the time, just accepted it. I want to write him an email explaining why I'm unhappy with him but he's going to a funeral tomorrow so I don't feel like I can
- My personal finances are awful and I need to confront it properly. I need an audit. Steved?
+ pal is moving to london.
+ one of a small amount of people that still likes international breaks. mainly because i don't have sky or bt sport.
- got this droning real strong anxiety hit over the last few days and i just want to go back to bed.
- that last one deserves two points.
+ having a long-overdue operation on my foot tomorrow
- won't be able to cycle/footy/dance(lol) for a bit
+ my beard is quite long
- it's a whole mess of different colours
am basically going to spiral into astonishing lows for the rest of the week. help me.
but you're seeing me on wednesday so it should be ++++++++++++++++++++
+ got some fun stuff lined up this week (seeing Stewart Lee tomorrow, birthday drinks on Thursday), once I get the following out of the way:
- exam tomorrow - probably the hardest one I've taken so far (on the plus side, got 66% on the practice paper I just did, which might just be enough for a pass hopefully)
- really undecided about whether I want to take things much further with the guy I'm dating currently. Been ages since I've been seeing someone I was unequivocally excited about.
+ It was a no-wiper! (I still courtesy wiped, though)
- Experienced neptunes kiss
- My bum hurts
+ haven't broken any major bones
+ don't have to do anything for a few days
- spent 4 1/2 hours in minor injuries
- can't go to the gym for 8 weeks
+ had a great time so far
- friend who came with me to Belgrade left today; had an awesome time hanging out with him and it makes me sad that I'm now gonna be by myself for 4 weeks
- someone has left me a voicemail but I can't access my voicemails abroad and I don't know who it's from which is really bugging me
+ bought a korg nanopad2 on a whim, discovered drumming with it is as easy as tapping fingers, was up until 5am saturday using it (plus amazon sent me a whole new one because it didn't have a usb lead) makes all other instruments seem rubbish
+ moonfaced tomorrow at a favourite venue
- the never ending torment of existence
- starting to dread agreeing to give a demonstration to the office on using power pivot (bonus + thinking of incorporating a slide with ross from friends and the word pivot) only agreed to it as it was in the future