Whittington Park Football Pitch
No pelanty shoot-out at the last Reds v Blues game, but close enough to make it an exciting game, and without any controversy whatsoever. Let's do this again one more time, before we have a little break due to some very exciting news [skip to next paragraph].
For the first time in DiS Football history, we have entered a proper competition: the London International Amateur Football 11s League. This will start on Sunday October 12th in the afternoon and shall run for 5 weeks, with 4 games during that period. Don't know yet who our opponents are. We will play at the newly refurbished Market Road facilities. Our foremost 3G expert (meths) thinks that it will not be ready in time, but they'll probably take some Brazil WC type short-cuts to make the date. No roof perhaps?
Finally, following our gloriously convincing victory at the weekend, I am working on our last international friendly of the year, possibly at the end of November. You'll all be sick of football come Christmas.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Sunday 21th September: National FC vs DiS (5 PM, Battersea Park)
Sunday 12th October: LIA round #1 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)
Sunday 19th October: LIA round #2 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)
Sunday 26th October: LIA round #3 (kick-off t.b.c., Market Road)