By popular request, we will return to the marshes of Hackney for another grass-based battle. We will be playing Perfidious Albion FC, a proper Saturday league team. Last season they finished bottom of the Thames League Division 2 with 2 wins out of 16, so they have invited us for a warm-up game to get their confidence levels up before the new season starts. Let's see if we can burst that balloon. And what team will almost-perma-crocked DiS legend waffle support?
Note that this game kicks off at 2 PM. And we play on grass. And Hackney Marshes is huge. And the exact pitch will not be announced in advance. So turn up early. At the Hackney Marshes Centre off Homerton Road, where our changing room is located. All very different from what you are used to, so try not be that guy (again).
As always with international friendlies, we'll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized grass pitch
- there are changing rooms at the Hackney Marshes Centre (check the board in the lobby to find which one is ours)
- Homerton Station and Hackney Wick Station on the London Overground Line are both located 1 mile from the Hackney Marshes Centre
- Buses 236, 276, 308, W15 and N26 all run to the Hackney Marshes Centre
- arrive at 1:15 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 2 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- shirt colour will be red
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 5 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in The Adam & Eve pub on Homerton High St (on the way back to the station)
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.
Sunday 14th September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 21th September: National FC vs DiS (5 PM, Battersea Park)
Sunday 12th or Sunday 19th October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 16th November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)