Whittington Park Football Pitch
Special Jabberwocky edition, i.e. if you're in town for that palaver over in the Docklands and fancy some music-related non-musical activity, this is your chance. Can't promise the same level of controversy as ATP have to offer, but you can almost bet your house on another penalty shoot-out. It is becoming a tradition.
Our next international friendly, for the end of August, has been confirmed as well. We will be playing the legendary Perfidious Albion. In their own words: "The Mighty Albion are a collection of talented individuals who play football in North London". Note that at the request of our opponents this match will be played on Saturday 30th August. Venue and kick-off time to be confirmed in the next few days. There may be more friendlies in September.
The usual blurb:
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- there are spanking new, comfy changing and toilet facilities
- 5 min walk from Archway tube station (Northern line)
- 1 min walk from Upper Holloway train station (Barking - Gospel Oak line)
- Buses 17, 43 and 271 all stop at Upper Holloway train station
- arrive at 3:30 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- kick-off at 4 PM sharp
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- one team will play in red shirts, the other in blue
- everyone can participate, the skills on display are wide-ranging
- final teams will be announced in the week leading up to the game
- 5 pounds each will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the Landseer pub on Landseer Road (5 mins walk away)
Come on, you know you want to. Put your name down by replying below.
Saturday 30th August: international friendly vs Perfidious Albion (details t.b.c.)
Sunday 14th September: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 12th or Sunday 19th October: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)
Sunday 16th November: regular 11-a-side (4 PM)